Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Blackview S8 4G Phablet   10/19/2017

Blackview S8 4G Phablet 5.7 inch Android 7.0 MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8.0MP + 0.3MP Dual Front Cameras Touch Sensor
      ● Display: 5.7 inch, 1440 x 720 Pixel screen
      ● CPU: MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core
      ● System: Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + 0.3MP front cameras + 13.0MP + 0.3MP back cameras
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Micro SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
      ● Feature: GPS
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network:
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz Check it here.
blessedyeti

Is there a CWM recovery? (YES!)

I have heard rumors that someone is working on it but nothing official yet. I agree, we need a custom recovery.

I have't noticed any side effects yet. Several men gave me positive reports and also didn't noticed any problems. In any case, you can drop me a line if you face a problem.

• Upvote 1

What a good news ☺

Can you please confirm that under flashify  we have to choose "recovery file"  to flash the. Img recovery file? 

And as bcmeisheit,  is there a combination key to use to start CWM at boot? Or is it better to use third party software such so quick boot? 

Thanks ☺

I used "flashify" to flash the recovery file image. Operation seems to be successful, but after when I try to reboot in recovery mode, using either flashify (in the menu options there is an option "boot in recovery") or quickboot, the tablet boots in "normal mode" with the Onda logo and awful music :-(

It seems that I dont't manage to get access to recovery , or my recovery is not flashed ?

Do you manage to reboot in recovery using the flashify menu ?

PS I've got a V3 hardware

• Upvote 1

A new try with rashr has been fortunately successful (I reflashed with it then chose as proposed to reboot in recovery).

Addendum : in fact, I think that "flashify" had also correctly flashed the recovery img file. But the only way I found to reboot in recovery mode is to do it using the option "boot recovery" of rashr, that can be used several times without having to flash again after every reboot of course ...

The option "boot in recovery" of QuickBoot (my classic tool for phones) and Flashify (that I didn't know before) wasn't working for me.

• Upvote 1

I tried the link for the image but nothing happens when I hit the download button. Do I have to sign up?

Update: tried it again and it WORKS!!!. Thanks a million. Just created a nandroid (haven't checked it but didn't get any errors during backup process).

Hi guys. I'm in GMT+3, so sorry for not answering you.To boot into recovery, power off the device. Then press the PWR button for about a second (to make the device turning on) and after the PWR button, immediatelly hold the VOL UP key. It takes a lot of time to boot into recovery when the device was off (you can see this on video), so don't warry about no backlight for about 5-7 sec.

As for Flashify, I did't use this method (some men do, I know). I have always used Rashr tool or native Android dd utility:

dd if=/sdcard/cwm.img of=/dev/block/by-name/recovery

• Upvote 3

Yes, thanks again this is one of the most good news on this forum, since I'm not sure we will get new update, at least we can now make backups ;-)

PS During a CWM backup, copy of partition of BOOT, RECOVERY, DATA, SYSTEM are ok but there is a message ".android_secure partition not found" is this ok ?

By the way, I've made a manuel copy plugging the tablet to the PC of the internal and external SD because the .backup don't copy these partitions, am I true ?

Thanks

I saw an error with ".android_secure partition" in many recoveries before (now this error occurs on my N4). So, I don't think that it is critical. As for internal (or external) memory, I don't think that it is necessary to back it up, because if you do, you will loose backups as well as all the storage data. Moreover, as far as I understand, it is not possible to backup sdcard into the same sdcard :). I cannot ensure that it is so because I haven't had any experience with Android development before :)