Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Blackview S8 4G Phablet   10/19/2017

Blackview S8 4G Phablet 5.7 inch Android 7.0 MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8.0MP + 0.3MP Dual Front Cameras Touch Sensor
      ● Display: 5.7 inch, 1440 x 720 Pixel screen
      ● CPU: MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core
      ● System: Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + 0.3MP front cameras + 13.0MP + 0.3MP back cameras
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Micro SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
      ● Feature: GPS
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network:
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz Check it here.
blessedyeti

Is there a CWM recovery? (YES!)

Great, works.

Superuser and busybox allready running but verytools did the job.

Only at the end of the backup the log says:

Error while making a backup image of /data!

Edit:

Problem solved. Not enough space on ext.sd. Space cleared and everything is ok.

Thanks for helping me.

I am going wrong somewhere. I have downloaded Rashr and v989cwm and installed cwm ROM manager. Played around with cwm and set to TWRP. Rashr cannot find Onda image. tried unzipping image file but no luck. Where am I going wrong. I am rooted SU.

I am going wrong somewhere. I have downloaded Rashr and v989cwm and installed cwm ROM manager. Played around with cwm and set to TWRP. Rashr cannot find Onda image. tried unzipping image file but no luck. Where am I going wrong. I am rooted SU.

use an older version of rash tools http://www.mediafire.com/download/emboidh0ai4ie7q/de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools-1.apkand do not update

a kind soul who can spend the revovery.img WAVE V989 v.3

if you can be of the rom V989Core8_v2.0.2_v3

what you can get with Rashr http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2334554 application must be Root is just run and asks you to backup and recovery kernel can then uninstall the application.

Rashr apk https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DsLNeXuS/Rashr/master/RashrApp/RashrApp-release.apk

ask him because I lost my stock recovery and I have only one that found the v4 and not I'm worth and the CMW is version 4, and to upgrade to the 2.1.0 I can't.

if anyone knows how to get the recovery of V989Core8_v2.0.2_v3.img file also worth me.

Hi, i recently installed CWM with Rashr onto my tablet (V4, with Onda Z ROM image) and have some problems with it.

While doing a backup of my tablet to external sd card, CWM tells me the following:

- No .android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage

Whats wrong here ? I know, that in this thread, there are two msgs concerning that fact, but i want to be sure, that i can ignore this error msg or not. What does it mean, that applications backup has been skipped, what application are here talked about ?

Also upon exiting CWM, i get the message

- Root access possibly lost. Fix ?

> No

> Yes - Fix root (/system/xbin/su)

Should i fix it or not, and what is the cause ?

Thanks in advance

MikeP

Hi, i recently installed CWM with Rashr onto my tablet (V4, with Onda Z ROM image) and have some problems with it.

While doing a backup of my tablet to external sd card, CWM tells me the following:

- No .android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage

Whats wrong here ? I know, that in this thread, there are two msgs concerning that fact, but i want to be sure, that i can ignore this error msg or not. What does it mean, that applications backup has been skipped, what application are here talked about ?

Also upon exiting CWM, i get the message

- Root access possibly lost. Fix ?

> No

> Yes - Fix root (/system/xbin/su)

Should i fix it or not, and what is the cause ?

Thanks in advance

MikeP

Always select "Yes - Fix root (/system/xbin/su)"

Hi mikep,

These problems are the basic CWM behavior. I always have the same messages on my N4.

For now, I have built PhilZ Touch Recovery for Lollipop (V5) ROM. Anyone can find it on the My files for V989 page in the "Recovery" folder.

Good to see you back my friend!

Thank you for the new recovery! Might be a good idea to open a new post in the "Tools" section to add this so it's easier for all members to see and access. ;)

• Upvote 1

Hi mikep,

These problems are the basic CWM behavior. I always have the same messages on my N4.

For now, I have built PhilZ Touch Recovery for Lollipop (V5) ROM. Anyone can find it on the My files for V989 page in the "Recovery" folder.

Thank you very much! :D

No problem with rooted Lollipop

I figgered out my other issue, seems to be a chinese version of dropbox and the apk let's you have access to the downloads.

Now I have another issue, I have tried both the ROMs in this post and neither will mount the external_SD card when in recovery mode.

Please if someone has seen this or can help that would be great.

I have v989 v4

I figgered out my other issue, seems to be a chinese version of dropbox and the apk let's you have access to the downloads.

Now I have another issue, I have tried both the ROMs in this post and neither will mount the external_SD card when in recovery mode.

Please if someone has seen this or can help that would be great.

I have v989 v4

If your card is 32gb or larger it is likely formatted in an unsupported format. If you search the forum there is a post on how to reformat the card into a readable format for recovery mode.

Hello. I made a nandroid backup with cwm of Philz, but I can not find the file with the file explorer . Anyone know where stores this back up ? Thank You

Hi mikep,

I instaled your cwm and philz touch but im having issues while mounting sd card data and ex sdcard 
i think u must made a new build 
i can be tester if u want

v989 log.jpg

Hi, 

I know this is an old thread so probably noone will bother, but I have nothing to lose right now.

V989 Air V5.

Got it rooteed and removed the bloatware. It got a bit better. But Play store would still feeze so I was trying to flash the CWM from this thread.

I used Rashr and it seemed to go through. Selected "reboot to recovery"

The tablet rebooted but got stuck on the initial white onda logo. (There is a second green onda logo with sound).

Now I can't do anything. It fails to do the following:

• boot to os
  • boot to recovery
  • be accessed by ADB of fastboot
  • be recognized by phoenix Suite
  • appear in windows device manager
  • appear in lsusb in linux

Tried:

• Uberizer
  • adb
  • fastboot
  • phoenix Suite
  • putting empty  factory_update_param.aml on extsd card
  • putting  factory_update_param.aml with path to stock rom
  • battery pull (I've opened it)
  • every possible key press combination (including the fourth button not accessible when the bezel is on.

Is there any other tool that I can try?

Or maybe a serial port?

If there is a way to reset it by short circuit of some pins that would work too.

Any help will be appreciated. I really liked it while it worked...