• Announcements

• Krzysiek

Tablet May Markdowns   05/07/17

Tablet May Markdowns Great tablet deals Every day 4 items in half price. Check: Tablet May Markdowns What will be:  9 may 2017 Jumper EZpad 6 2 in 1 Tablet PC with Keyboard Jumper EZpad 6 2 in 1 Tablet PC Jumper EZBOOK 3 Notebook Jumper Ezbook 2 Ultrabook Laptop 10 may 2017 Cube T8 Plus 4G Phablet Cube T12 3G Phablet Cube iwork1x 2 in 1 Tablet PC CUBE U27GT Super Tablet PC 11 may 2017 Teclast A80se Android 4.2 Tablet PC with 8 Teclast X3 Plus 2 in 1 Tablet PC Teclast X80 Pro Tablet PC Teclast Tbook 16 Power Tablet PC Check: Tablet May Markdowns
XBrav

v975w V1 English Image 10-14-2014

23 posts in this topic

After a fun weekend, I am ready to share with you my v975w patched system image in full English.

It is based on the 0728 image. As this is initial release, no additional drivers are patched in. Based on my latest successes, it may be easier in the future to issue a "patch" containing all the latest drivers. More on that later.

Although many won't notice, I actually increased the "images" partition by 300MB. This was to give some flexibility if I decide to issue patches to both the recovery image and the system image. This rounds off the C: total size to an even 24GB.

I haven't had the opportunity to reboot into the recovery menu, however, I believe it will still be in Chinese. Once I have a working patch, I should be able to issue an installer (around 200MB).

Without further delay, please find the download below:

http://www.onda-forum.com/downloads/upload/Intel%20Onda%20Device/XBrave/Onda_v975w_V1_English_10-14-2014.7z

4.41GB

MD5: 777a872f1e72639360d4e916dcb307c4

SHA-1: e753c0e6add9b3e6b456817a23ac21dd755a5a67

The flashing method is identical to the official Onda images. Total flashing time is right around 10 minutes. Please follow the below instructions to ensure the flashing process is successful:

Standard Disclaimer: The image works perfectly for me, but may not for you. I am not responsible if anything chaotic happens to your tablet. If something doesn't work right, you can always flash the 0728 Onda image.

Flashing the below image WILL erase your tablet to "factory" configuration. If you are signed in with a Microsoft Account, you may be prompted to restore from your previous install. It works surprisingly well! (I reflashed my tablet nearly 20 times while building this image. It's nice not re-installing the apps manually)

1) Remove the MicroSD card if installed. I found that the imaging process usually wipes the card, and I doubt you'd want that.

2) Download the above 7z file. Total size is 4.41GB.

3) Format a 8GB or greater USB device as NTFS, and label it WINPE (The installer ignores drives with this name)

4) Extract all files to the USB device.

4) Using a USB hub (powered if available), connect a keyboard and the USB drive to the tablet using an OTG cable.

5) Power on the tablet, and tap F7 to get to the boot selection menu.

6) Select the USB drive plugged in. It will look like Windows is booting.

7) The flashing process should begin. In a future version, I'll reduce the amount of text to give a better idea of what's going on.

8) After about 10 minutes, you will see the following message:

Remove the external media and press any key to reboot.

Press any key to continue...

At this time, remove the USB drive. You can leave the keyboard attached. For whatever reason, if you leave it connected, your system will boot the USB drive again on reboot. No point in flashing twice!

9) Press any key to reboot the system. Your system will begin the setup, but everything will be in English!

Please ask questions below and I'll do my best to answer them. Enjoy!

Gearbest xiaomi brands promotion promotion
xiaomi brands promotion

Hallo, I have installed the german win8.1. can you tell me wich Driver i need for the displayrotation?

There is a rotation sensor by Kionix I believe. I'll have the drivers available by the end of the weekend.

welche Deusche version aus dem netz mit bing wie hat es mit der seriennr geklappt,alle treiber ohne probleme installiert

I'm sorry. I cannot interpret German. Can anyone provide an english translation?

Bing:

the German version from the Web with bing as it has folded, installs all drivers without problems with the serial

Google

which Deusche version of the network with bing as it worked with Ser, installed all drivers without problems

translate.reference.com

which Deusche version of the network with bing as it worked with Ser, installed all drivers without problems

I'll give my translation:

welche Deusche version aus dem netz mit bing                                                             wie hat es mit der seriennr geklappt,                                                                                   alle treiber

Which German version from the Web with bing, (I assume here should be a comma), how is succeeded with the serialnumber (perhaps meaning the Windows serialnumber), all drivers

ohne probleme installiert

installed without problems

welche Deusche version aus dem netz mit bing wie hat es mit der seriennr geklappt,alle treiber ohne probleme installiert

FUNTRON

Sollte das so sein?

welche Deusche version aus dem netz mit bing, (also hier ein komma)

wie hat es mit der seriennr geklappt, (meinst du Windows 8.1 seriennr?)

alle treiber ohne probleme installiert (meinst du, dass du hast alle treiber installiert?)

Schau mal oben meine Übersetzung.

Adding Deutsch would not be too hard. However, it may be easier to start with English and do the language change in Windows.

So i have another question; The displayrotation is in the wron way round.

It tunrs in the wron direction.

We suspected the Driver but it dont works.

Can you help us again? @XBraf:

Thank you

Nochmal auf Deutsch (In German:)

Es steht im Klartext auf den Kopf also es dreht sich falscherum bei null Crad sowie bei 90 Crad

falls jemand weiß oder einen das Problem bekannt vorkommt wir könntne etwas hilfe gebrauchen ^^

Danke

Hi XBrav,

Iam new here/I just recieved my Onda 975W in general Iam very impressed with the device/although there are some remaining chinese launguage parts around

what I would like to ask/if I flash with your custom rom(I have no problems doing this) will that give me a windows 8.1 OS in full english/and fully updated

Thank you weedub //  l

It works 99%. I haven't come across any Chinese since.

It works 99%. I haven't come across any Chinese since.

Thank you/Just charging it up, and then I will do the flash

Your efforts are very appreciated

After a fun weekend, I am ready to share with you my v975w patched system image in full English.

It is based on the 0728 image. As this is initial release, no additional drivers are patched in. Based on my latest successes, it may be easier in the future to issue a "patch" containing all the latest drivers. More on that later.

Although many won't notice, I actually increased the "images" partition by 300MB. This was to give some flexibility if I decide to issue patches to both the recovery image and the system image. This rounds off the C: total size to an even 24GB.

I haven't had the opportunity to reboot into the recovery menu, however, I believe it will still be in Chinese. Once I have a working patch, I should be able to issue an installer (around 200MB).

Without further delay, please find the download below:

http://www.onda-forum.com/downloads/upload/Intel%20Onda%20Device/XBrave/Onda_v975w_V1_English_10-14-2014.7z

4.41GB

MD5: 777a872f1e72639360d4e916dcb307c4

SHA-1: e753c0e6add9b3e6b456817a23ac21dd755a5a67

The flashing method is identical to the official Onda images. Total flashing time is right around 10 minutes. Please follow the below instructions to ensure the flashing process is successful:

Standard Disclaimer: The image works perfectly for me, but may not for you. I am not responsible if anything chaotic happens to your tablet. If something doesn't work right, you can always flash the 0728 Onda image.

Flashing the below image WILL erase your tablet to "factory" configuration. If you are signed in with a Microsoft Account, you may be prompted to restore from your previous install. It works surprisingly well! (I reflashed my tablet nearly 20 times while building this image. It's nice not re-installing the apps manually)

1) Remove the MicroSD card if installed. I found that the imaging process usually wipes the card, and I doubt you'd want that.

2) Download the above 7z file. Total size is 4.41GB.

3) Format a 8GB or greater USB device as NTFS, and label it WINPE (The installer ignores drives with this name)

4) Extract all files to the USB device.

4) Using a USB hub (powered if available), connect a keyboard and the USB drive to the tablet using an OTG cable.

5) Power on the tablet, and tap F7 to get to the boot selection menu.

6) Select the USB drive plugged in. It will look like Windows is booting.

7) The flashing process should begin. In a future version, I'll reduce the amount of text to give a better idea of what's going on.

8) After about 10 minutes, you will see the following message:

At this time, remove the USB drive. You can leave the keyboard attached. For whatever reason, if you leave it connected, your system will boot the USB drive again on reboot. No point in flashing twice!

9) Press any key to reboot the system. Your system will begin the setup, but everything will be in English!

Please ask questions below and I'll do my best to answer them. Enjoy!

XBrav

I have tried 3 times to download the custom image from that link and it keeps failing/is there a problem with it

Thanks weedub

Might be an issue with the Onda Forum link. Try downloading the 0728 image, then download my maintenance utility in my signature. Choose option 1 when installing. It'll take about 30 minutes to flash and change to English.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Might be an issue with the Onda Forum link. Try downloading the 0728 image, then download my maintenance utility in my signature. Choose option 1 when installing. It'll take about 30 minutes to flash and change to English.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Hi, sorry to bother you again/I can not  seem to find the 0728 image/do you have a link to it.Do you have a guide to use the 0728 image and your maintenance utility

Thank you weedub

Also I believe there is definitely a problem with that link / I tried 3 different PC and different browsers and it failed to complete every time

And other files from the Onda forum download without issue

Hi, sorry to bother you again/I can not  seem to find the 0728 image/do you have a link to it.Do you have a guide to use the 0728 image and your maintenance utility

Thank you weedub

Also I believe there is definitely a problem with that link / I tried 3 different PC and different browsers and it failed to complete every time

And other files from the Onda forum download without issue

download directory link .. I believe page two  parts 1 and 2

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/category/16-onda-v975w-rom/?sort_order=DESC&sort_key=file_submitted&num=10&st=10

I've just received my 975w and want to eradicate all vestiges of Chinese text, I found this thread via Mr Google so excuse my noob-ish question but is this all I need? If I flash this then I don't need to use these afterwards?

Onda v975w System Maintenance Utility

Onda v975w v1 AFO Driver Pack 1.0.0

Ta

Derek

First update your BIOS. Then just install from USB any Windows 8.1 version you want in any language you want and then without doing anything else like updates etc install the official Onda drivers package.

You don't need to do anything else, nor patch anything. :)

Thanks, all sorted.

I had issues getting the keyboard to work with my USB port (even though it was powered) so these are the steps I took for anyone else having similar issues;

Formated USB stick as NTFS, named it WINPE and unzipped the image files to it's top level directory

Inserted USB stick into Maplins on-the-go connector and plugged that into the tablets microUSB port

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-usb-20-on-the-go-adapter-a84qh

Then (eventually) found the correct reset link (as my tablet was 100% Chinese!)

PC Settings (think everyone can find that even in Chinese

Update and Recovery (at very bottom of list if anyone's searching for it!)

Recovery (again the bottom link)

Restart now (on the bottom of the right side pane)

then a pause whilst it loads a blue boot option screen

then four choices, the 'Use USB' one is the second one on the left pane

and then the bottom one on the left pane

Then the tablet rebooted and started running the install program from the USB stick, it took about 15 minutes,

A command promt comes up, just leave it until it says something like 'Press any key' to restart computer

Of course no keyboard is connected but if you hold the power button for a while the tablet will reset (take the USB stick out now or it will start installing again!)

The tablet restarts about three times as it does it's thang and then woo-hoo English language welcome screen, total time about 30 minutes.

Hats off +++ to XBrav for making the custom rom!

i installed this windows on v975w in 2016/4/1

but it is not active. i connted internet, but it does not activate.

please help me

what can I do?

Edited by irb10495