Onda Forum
Gearbest Xiaomi Smartest Bestsellers promotion
Xiaomi Smartest Bestsellers
Sign in to follow this  
linac

Mini Review of v975 Pleather Case

"New 9.7" PU Leather Protect Case For Onda V975 Quad-Core Android Tablet PC" - Purchased from ebay from dragonjyy for about $12 CDN for my v975m

post-208-139739755472_thumb.jpg

(pictures borrowed)

- this is a pleather case with some padding on the outside covers; I ordered black

- the pleather feels a little thin to me but we'll see how it holds up over time

- there is white stitching around the case which seems more pronounced that what the picture shows

- the inside cover seems like a stiff cardboard that can flex just a little and is covered in a very nice faux suede

- the case appears specifically designed for the V975 as the cutouts for the speakers, front camera, buttons and ports are all readily available; the case has an "Onda V9…" stamp on the front cover with some

Chinese characters

- my tablet fits nearly perfectly in the case - the only issue I have is that the cutout for the width of the screen is only about 1-2mm wider than the screen so that some lateral play means that a small edge of the screen may be sometimes obstructed by the cover - but this is not a big issue; also the back camera cutout seems slightly off and is very close to obstructing the camera (this is not a big issue for me as I don't intend to use the camera)

- case has a magnetic closure to help keep the front cover from flopping around

Summary

Pros

- cheap

- excellent custom fit

- offers some protection

- can act as a stand

- overall quality seems good

Cons

- durability of pleather?

- lateral cutout for screen a bit tight

- back camera cutout slightly off and may obstruct camera

- frame around tablet's screen is slightly raised which is annoying (but I could perhaps use some double-sided tape to keep it down)

Overall, this seems like a good case and very good for the price.

post-208-139739755466_thumb.jpg

post-208-139739755469_thumb.jpg

post-208-139739755475_thumb.jpg