• Announcements

• Krzysiek

January Tablet Deals   01/16/17

January Tablet Deals Very good prices for Tablets: Teclast Tbook 10 S 2 for only 164,99$ Teclast Tbook 16 Power with 8GB RAM for only 329,99$ Cube iwork1x 2 in 1 for 189,99$ Jumper EZpad 6 2 in 1 for 154,99$ And many more check them all: January Tablet Deals
Lennyg

device isn't compatible with this version

19 posts in this topic

I am a noob in this, how do I install application if Play Store tells me it is not compatible. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, I tried it still no luck, doesn't looks like change anything, and I have tablet rooted.

Try this: 

Take a Fileexplorer (for example ESexplorer) and navigate to system/build.prop

Copy (not move!) the build.prop somewhere as backup

Then make sure that you enabled the system directory as writable (this option you find in the settings of the explorer)

Change these lines to pretend your device is another model and save it. For example, to imitate a Nexus S, use these lines:

• ro.product.model = Nexus S
  • ro.product.manufacturer = samsung

Edit: Sorry I forgot that you have to go, after finishing modifying the build.prop, you to have to go to Settings/Apps and clear there the cache of GooglePlay, then it should work.

I am a noob in this, how do I install application if Play Store tells me it is not compatible. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Lennyg,

I may be missing the point here, but could you find an apk file for the app you want to install elsewhere on the web?  I got most of mine on apk4fun.  Download the apk file, save it on your tablet (preferably on the external sd card), navigate to it with (any) File Manager, and install it by clicking on it.

In any case, good luck!

Of course it is possible to side load apps which are downloaded somewhere in the internet, but especially data sensitive apps (for example an banking app, this is the case in another threat here) which are incompatible, how can you be sure that not someone manipulated it. So this should be prevented, excpect it is from a trustful source like the xda-developers Androidcentral etc.

As mentioned by Dioklecian, there are Playstore alternatives, but I'dont know if they all offer for example paid apps or all common apps. As long you stay away from stores where you get cracked versions of paid apps (possible manipulation), this could be a solution.

Point well-taken, rotaglide.  I did not take into account the software security issues, probably because in my household this tablet is used only by my kids, to play kiddie games and watch the movies.  But if used for anything serious (starting from email, not to mention accessing bank or credit card accounts), one should get apps only from trusted sources.

As you said, this is a case for another thread ...

@Lennyg:

When you tried the market enabler app, did you clear the cache of Google Play under Settings/Apps? This is a must, otherwise it won't work.

Rotaglide,

I try to change build.prop file, cleat the cache, but still no luck, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Can you give us some examples of Apps which are marked as incompatibel?

Sure, these are the examples of apps: MAX GO, dslrdashboard, CITY bank, etc.

I haven't had any luck with changing my build.prop, either. I tried changing to Samsung Nexus S and Samsung Nexus 10, but no luck.

However, you could try using this service to directly download the .apk files from the official Play Store. http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/This worked for me, at least for free apps. I don't know about paid apps, though. You might need to use their browser plugin.

Some apps read more info from the phone than just Make and model now, so unless you know what info it's checking through Google Play you can't know what to change.

And Also the best way to change Build.prop values is to install App "Rom toolbox lite" because it has a built in Build.prop editor.

you can always download application from 3rd party sites, turn on install from unknown sources in the settings, 

i get all my apk files from  hacks99.com you can run most of the apps which playstore does not allow you to download, using 3rd party websites.

I may be missing the point here, but could you find an apk file for the app you want to install elsewhere on the web?  I got most of mine on androidpureapk.  Download the apk file, save it on your tablet (preferably on the external sd card), navigate to it with (any) File Manager, and install it by clicking on it.