Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Blackview S8 4G Phablet   10/19/2017

Blackview S8 4G Phablet 5.7 inch Android 7.0 MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8.0MP + 0.3MP Dual Front Cameras Touch Sensor
      ● Display: 5.7 inch, 1440 x 720 Pixel screen
      ● CPU: MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core
      ● System: Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + 0.3MP front cameras + 13.0MP + 0.3MP back cameras
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Micro SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
      ● Feature: GPS
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network:
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz Check it here.
Sign in to follow this  
RobV

Forum Hierarchy Etiquette and Posting

Forum Hierarchy Etiquette and Posting

This is NOT Onda tablet manufacturer site …. www.onda.cn

This is not support / discussion group for any other branded device.

This is an Onda device owners group,  support forum

Welcome home, we have a lot going on here.

Pull up a seat, get comfortable...

Visitors welcome ….  Membership required to post or download from our archives

Unlike other forums, Ondaforum  originator and Admin Krzysiek has elected to permit  

new members, upon membership email confirmation,  receive immediate posting privilege.

Please display respect to all. Personal attacks and vulgarity will not be permitted.

First post could be an introduction to the other members ( link below )

http://www.ondaforum.com/forum/13-introductions/   

Click on the Black " Start New Topic " button to create your introduction,

Click on the " Post  New Topic " to save and publish to the forum..

Factory or Custom firmware ?

Experience is ( not always ) the best teacher

If your desired use is for the " softest, easiest, safest way " Skip this section.

Custom firmware and tweaking involvement and participation is increasing daily

Many owners work outside the " Official " manufacturer release version firmware

For those willing to tread where manufacturer does not actively support.

For those desiring the newest offerings and to be one of the first ... 

Seek support and advice in specific Custom topic related support forums.

Forum posts

Before posting questions that may have been asked and answered many times before you arrived

Read all that others before you have shared. Learn from and continue learning with them ...

Look for repeated issues and work-a-rounds, if many are experiencing ... you may also experience

If you experience something not posted, make a post, focus on the issue / problem, ( not just " it worked last night now my screen is black when i touch the power button, what do I do ? " ) provide enough information so others may help or direct you where to find needed additional help ...

Include device and firmware versions, provide specifics and pertinent facts. Only provide the necessary information to address and help correct your problem  ( few here are concerned with your game scores or the color of your desktop or your favorite whine  )  we do care about our devices..

If unknown issues surface and are not discussed, how could anyone expect a solution ?

Keep post in an existing proper topic area   EX: NOT posting v3 stuff in v4 topic / threads.

Reported and off topic posts will be deleted. Multiple posts may result in loss of posting privilege.

EX: posting same post in multiple locations, or multiple same post in same location.

New member behavior is held to the same level of expectation as experienced members.

Do not start a new topic because you may not have time or are unwilling to read.

Redundant threads may be closed, removed or locked. You may receive no help.

Here we grow again  ( 1 to 22 in 8 months )

Current forums at 22 devices and growing .. and additional discussion forums and sub-forums.

Current topic directories may exceed 20 50 pages, with hot topics exceeding 60 100 pages of posts.

Recognized DEV status on the rise … Multiple Customizations …  Links to other support sites.

Forum Hierarchy ( in brief ): 

SPECIFIC DEVICE forums –

each may include several sub-forums,

each sub-forum may have their own directory of topics,

each of those topic directories contain individual posts and discussions.  

NOTE:

Directories are in reverse chronological order, by post  – containing newest post first / oldest last

Ex: ( Generally ) The first topic / post would be on page 1 of the directory, current page is highest page number.

Directories are several pages for most forums – please read all relevant directories and contained posts

Onda Intel Architecture Windows system devices owners take note –

“ WIntel “ devices share many same information, faults and fixes. To avoid redundancy and in an effort to stay up to date, there is an “ Intel “ Forum designated for Intel related discussion, Intel general drivers and updates, and Intel Tools.  Items remarked in these sub-forums will most likely affect your device.

Most “ WIntel ” devices each have their own Forum, many may have sub-forums, also directories for device specific matters.

Worldwide membership means translators are in use = broken English language structures

if a post appears to be confusing, re-read the post with language translation consideration.

Become a part of, not apart from the OndaForum. We are all Onda device owners / enthusiasts.

If you cannot understand a post, do not express criticism … leave it for others to assist.

OndaForum is an English language site. Please post in English language format

Many posts include both English translation and Native language, with hopes of a better understanding

Patience and common courtesy

If posting for help, please permit enough time for an answer, from someone that actually experienced same issue(s), they may have a solution. There are 24 hours in a day. Everyone, from the least helpful to the most knowledgeable must have rest time

Many folks will not respond until they have a positive result to share ... this often takes time. ...

folks may be 1/2 world away .. or down the street.  Please allow 72 hours for response before adding remarks.

For most problems there are existing solutions.  Solutions usually begin with patience.

* Note:

Having the same help post in multiple forums / threads / topics, across multiple sites / forums may create additional confusion and anxiety for you and other members. If you do not respond to every individual post reply received ... those folks that may have a solid solution may assume you found a fix that worked. Check your posts daily. After a few days ... others may ignore post and move on

Do not expect folks to know your current position, when they discover conflicting thread chains..

Always post some type of follow up let others know status or solution ....

When posted problem is solved, share the process, thank the person(s) responsible for assistance

If you are the topic, Original Poster, please make final post to request topic be closed.

If you are reported for creating then abandoning topics, your post privileges could be at risk

Off topic posts will be deleted and posting privileges may be at risk

Vulgarity or Personal attacks directed at other members will not be tolerated, your membership is at risk.

A respectful, common sense approach is expected of all members. 

This forum provides support by and for other members. 

Each member has the opportunity to participate and provide a positive experience for themselves and others, 

Member involvement, knowledge, assistance and positive results receive global recognition

Many " visitors " find the answer to their problem is already noted across the forums and sub-forums.

They just have to look in the right place.

For many members, their only posts are for expressing thanks, some names are otherwise rarely seen.

Many members simply click the " UP arrow "  ( UP vote ) button.to express thanks or agreement with a post.

Others may choose the down arrow to express dis-agreement or dis-satisfaction with a post

There is a fix for nearly everything.   Patience is required

Additional:

“ Open ” Topics -  permit adding posts and joining in the topic of discussion

Please keep all posts on topic of discussion, off topic posts may be deleted

Adding a post to the topic is as simple as going to the page bottom area, begin typing / paste / etc.

in the white box area titled " Reply To This Topic ",

when ready to post, click the " Post " button located directly beneath the white fill in area..

" Quote " button located on existing post will copy that post into your new post input area - 

" Quoting " is often used to direct response to specific questions / remarks within that post.

" Quote " is not for general response to the topic being discussed

“ MultiQuote “ – refer to quote, not limited to single post quote,

all marked Quoted posts will be included in your single response post

“ Report “ button - to report individual post.  Clicking the report button will open a small window …

always remark a reason for report  Ex: Spam / Spammer,  Abuse,  Off Topic,  etc.   

with a remark the report may be addressed more quickly,  

with no remark the current system may stack reports for daily staff review         

“ UP / Down Arrows “ – Add / Remove Reputation point for each individual post.

Reputation points are the number displayed with each member name ( pop up ) and profile

A method to vote once,  each individual post  -  Vote with care, vote cannot be changed.

Up = +1      increases posting member reputation one point 

Down = -1  decreases posting member reputation one point

• Upvote 3