Gearbest Promotion Summer Coupon Special promotion
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Vernee Mars Pro 4G Phablet  - 6GB RAM 64GB ROM BLACK Presale under 175$   06/25/2017

Vernee Mars Pro 4G Phablet  - 6GB RAM 64GB ROM BLACK    Main Features:
      Vernee Mars Pro 4G Phablet Android 7.0 5.5 inch Helio P25 Octa Core 2.5GHz 6GB RAM 64GB ROM Fingerprint Sensor 13.0MP Rear Camera Full Metal Body
      ● Display: 5.5 inch, 1920 x 1080 Pixel Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen
      ● CPU: Helio P25 Octa Core 2.5GHz 
      ● System: VOS based on Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 5.0MP front camera + 13.0MP back camera 
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, E-Compass, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Touch Sensor 
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. Micro + Nano SIM 
      ● Feature: GPS, A-GPS, Glonass
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network: 
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz Now it is 26-30 June in great presale price under 175$ Vernee Mars Pro 4G Phablet 6GB RAM 64GB ROM BLACK Page price 179$ Coupon MARSPRO Coupon price: 174,99$ PS: Only use 80 amount Vernee Mars Pro to do the coupon price per day, from 2017-06-26 to 2017-07-03
SciBee

HowTo - Create a bootable SDCard for V975M

79 posts in this topic

There are several occasions where you might need a bootable SDCard for your tab.

This is a guide howto create one.

The bootable card itself can not harm or brick your tab if you boot it.

But what you put on the data area of that card indeed CAN brick your tab or heal it from a brick.

So - be careful and always be aware of what you are doing!

The procedures were tested on Windows7 Professional x64 german edition.

Unfortunately I can't help the MAC users - lean back and eat an apple for your health...

Last Warning!

Wrong usage of the tools and scripts in this thread can ruin your tab!

First download and unpack to a folder on your PC.

And before all the noobs ask again and again - the answer to all the following questions is NO! ;)

• Is this a new ROM for my tab?
  • Why can't I flash this using TWRP?
  • Could you create a flashable package for me?
  • Does BootableSD.img boot Linux on my tab?
  • Will this unbrick my V989?

After unpacking you will see four new files:

• SDcardMaker_eng.exe
    Tool to create a bootable SDCard.
  • u-boot.bin
    Bootloader extracted from Rozak's V2.0.1 4GB ROM to be used with SDcardMaker_eng.exe.
  • Win32DiskImager-0.9.5-install.exe
    Installer for Win32DiskImager to restore/create images of SDCards (bootable or not).
  • BootableSD.img
    This is an image of a bootable 16GB SDCard. Use it with Win32DiskImager.

Now there are two ways to create a bootable SDCard:

• The easy, correct and quick way.
  • The long way.

Let's take a look at the easy way:

• Insert your SDCard in the cardreader attached to your PC. The SDCards size MUST NOT EXCEED 32GB as FAT32 can only use up to 32GB!
  • Check if you want to save data beeing stored on that SDCard as it will be cleaned by the following tasks!
  • Right-mouse-click to SDcardMaker_eng.exe and choose "run as Administrator".
  • Select the drive of your SDCard. Be sure to select the correct one!
  • Activate the checkbox "Repartition and format (to fat32)".
  • Select the bin file: --> Open --> Choose u-boot.bin you unpacked before.
    Should look like this now:
    post-177-0-64428700-1414781573_thumb.jpg
  • Click to "Make a boot card".
    The tool partitions the SDCard, writes the bootloader and opens the Windows format tool.
    Let it format the card. You may choose your own volume label here.
  • Close the Windows format tool.
  • OK --> Close SDcardMaker_eng.exe

Your SDCard now IS bootable even if it appears to be blank if you open it in your explorer.

And it will stay bootable no matter if you copy files to it or delete the files after use.

You only may not reformat or repartition it! This would clear the bootsector!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's take a look at the long way for the people that do not trust the quick way or are unsure if they succeeded running SDcardMaker_eng.exe:

I only tested this with my 16GB SDCard. I do not know if this will work using a 8GB card or less.

Even your 16GB could be a few bytes bigger or smaller and could break the process.

Please report your results using cards of different sizes and manufacturers...

• Insert your SDCard in the cardreader attached to your PC. The SDCards size MUST NOT EXCEED 32GB as FAT32 can only use up to 32GB!
  • Check if you want to save data beeing stored on that SDCard as it will be cleaned by the following tasks!
  • Run the Installer Win32DiskImager-0.9.5-install.exe. Grant it access to your system.
  • After the installation is finished you should have a new Desktop icon named "Win32DiskImager".
  • Open Explorer.
  • Right click to the drive holding your SDCard and select properties.
  • Select "Tools" and run the Error-checking --> Check now...
    This releases the drive locking to enable Win32DiskImager and get access to the drive.
  • Close the drive's properties.
  • Right-mouse-click to Win32DiskImager icon and choose "run as Administrator".
  • Under "Device" select your SDCard's drive.
  • Under "Image File" select the unpacked file BootableSD.img
    Should look like this now:
    post-177-0-71497900-1414784204_thumb.jpg
  • Click to "Write" and be patient. As 16GB will be written to your SDCard this takes a while...
  • Wait until it's finished, confirm the finished-message and close Win32DiskImager.

Your SDCard now IS bootable even if it appears to be blank if you open it in your explorer.

And it will stay bootable no matter if you copy files to it or delete the files after use.

You only may not reformat or repartition it! This would clear the bootsector!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now - what can we do with that card?

To be continued in the next post...

What can we do with that card now?

Part1 - boot a recovery TWRP without flasing it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all tabs V1, V3, V4 running stock ROM or rozak all versions:

• Download V2 TWRP
  • Open the archive.
  • Within the archive navigate to system/etc and extract the file "recovery-scibee-v2-twrp2.7.img"
  • Rename "recovery-scibee-v2-twrp2.7.img" to recovery.img

For all tabs V1, V3, V4 running stane1983 ROM all versions:

• Download V3 TWRP
  • Open the archive.
  • Within the archive navigate to system/etc and extract the file "recovery-scibee-v3-twrp2.8.img"
  • Rename "recovery-scibee-v3-twrp2.8.img" to recovery.img

After you successfully extracted and renamed the appropriate TWRP recovery.img copy the file to the bootable SDCard you created in the first step.

This is the only file needed to run TWRP on your tab!

DO NOT COPY "aml_autoscript" or "factory_update_param.aml" to the card! Both files could wipe or clear your NAND!

You may copy flashable zips to the card if you want to install them of course.

You can now use this card to:

• Backup your tab
  • Restore your tab
  • Install flashable zips
  • Install Rozak's latest ROM version.

Part2 - Install a different ROM

!!!Warning Level1!!!

This rewrites your NAND layout and your bootloader!

Many bricks were the result of doing that!

The fact that this worked for me does not mean that this will also work for you!

Don't blame me if this bricks your tab!

In case you want to move from stane1983's ROM to rozak or from rozak to stock for any unknown reason you might use this procedure:

• Download and unpack the ROM of your choice.
  • Copy these files to the root of your SDCard:
    • factory_update_param.aml
    • recovery.img
    • u-boot.bin (DO NOT use the one provided in the first post! Use the one in your new ROM!)
    • update.zip
  • Download this file: aml_autoscript_erase.zip
  • Extract it and rename "aml_autoscript_erase" to "aml_autoscript"
  • Copy "aml_autoscript" to your SDCard
  • Safely eject the card from your cardreader
  • Insert it in your tab
  • Press Vol+ and then additionally Power until you see the bootlogo. Should be a small green Android.
  • Release Power
  • Then release Vol+
  • Cross your fingers, hope and wait that the flashing process succeeds.

Part3 - Unbrick your tab

!!!Warning Level2 - Read Alert!!!

This scrubs your NAND, rewrites the NAND layout and your bootloader!

Continue here only in case Part2 could not resolve your brick!

Scrubbing the NAND should only be done if you have more than 6% of your storage marked as bad block.

Many of them might be marked false positively.

In this case the AML flashing tool refuses to flash anything to your NAND and you have a hard brick.

But this process clears the BadBlockTable (BBT). If the reinitialization of the NAND falsely detects truely bad blocks as good ones your whole system might become unstable!

Only run this procedure if Part2 did not help you, you have no other hope and you do not want to return the tab for a warranty repair.

Be aware that this is the most dangerous procedure you can run!

The fact that this worked for flocker's tab which was successfully unbricked after scrubbing it does not mean that this will also work for you!

Don't blame me if this FINALLY bricks your tab!

• Download and unpack
    • recovery.img
    • u-boot.bin (DO NOT use the one provided in the first post! Use the one in your new ROM!)
    • update.zip
  • Download this file: aml_autoscript_scrub.zip
  • Extract it and rename "aml_autoscript_scrub" to "aml_autoscript"
  • Insert it in your tab
  • Press Vol+ and then additionally Power until you see the bootlogo. Should be a small green Android.
  • Release Power
  • Then release Vol+

Further unbricking can only be done using a UART debug interface which has to be soldered to the appropriate pins inside the tab.

If all parts did not help and you dare to access the hardware directly stand up and post. I will try to help.

Asides that there is no further chance for unbricking from the outside of the tab.

Unfortunately I can't help the MAC users - lean back and eat an apple for your health...

lol I have a Macbook Pro but Windows 8 x64

I made the card but how do i boot from it, when i press power button with the bootable card in it, it just boots to ROM in my tablet. I have TWRP recovery installed already and attached the file you asked in another post. Let me know if you need a tester for new recoveries or even something in shell, I will be more than glad to help, I am getting hang of these things now. Thanks for all the work you putting into this.

The basic card just holds the bootloader. If you don't put anything else on it it will chain to your normal ROM.

If you put recovery.img on it it will boot that recovery.

Part2 - Install a different ROM

!!!Warning Level1!!!

This rewrites your NAND layout and your bootloader!

Many bricks were the result of doing that!

The fact that this worked for me does not mean that this will also work for you!

Don't blame me if this bricks your tab!

In case you want to move from stane1983's ROM to rozak or from rozak to stock for any unknown reason you might use this procedure:

• Download and unpack the ROM of your choice.
    • recovery.img
    • update.zip
  • Download this file: attachicon.gifaml_autoscript_erase.zip
  • Extract it and rename "aml_autoscript_erase" to "aml_autoscript"
  • Insert it in your tab
  • Release Power
  • Then release Vol+

I spent several days in the hospital with my sick father and I have not had time to dedicate to the tablet.

Today I will try the part2 of this post.

How long the whole process takes about?

A progress bar appears beneath a large green robot.

When the bar reaches its end, the process begins again.

Edited.

After waiting 30 minutes, I think I have a loop.

I turned off the tablet by holding power button for 10 seconds.

Now I have a black screen brick.

I tried to install Stane rom using USB_b

urning_tool but I get an error when erasing the bootloader (i upload the log file)

Error

[0x32010702]erase_bootloader return incorrect value at Uboot Erase stage

Now, I'm trying the part3 of this post as described in

After 20 minutes black screen continues.

2014.11.04-21.txt

statistic.txt

First of all - I hope your father is well again.

If the procedure according to part2 or part3 successfully runs it takes about 1-2 minutes for the erase/scrub action.
The display might remain black during that time - be patient. After all commands in aml_autoscript are performed the tab restarts.
If the first procedure succeeds you should then see the big laying droid and the progress bar and a restart to the new ROM at the end.
If all works this should not take more than 5 minutes in total.
Did you exchange aml_autoscript stepping from part2 to part3?

The log is typical for a problem in the NAND area where the bootloader resides.
Skippies tab has a similar defect and only runs with a bootable but empty SDCard in the slot. Give it a try.
Remove the files from your bootable card, but do not reformat it. Press power for >8 seconds.

If all that does not help further debugging will only be possible using the internal UART debug connection to detect where the process fails...

Hey, Scibee, you saved my sorry ass. I had to use your NAND Scrub thingy which got me out of trouble, thanks a lot dude

First of all - I hope your father is well again.

If the procedure according to part2 or part3 successfully runs it takes about 1-2 minutes for the erase/scrub action.

The display might remain black during that time - be patient. After all commands in aml_autoscript are performed the tab restarts.

If the first procedure succeeds you should then see the big laying droid and the progress bar and a restart to the new ROM at the end.

If all works this should not take more than 5 minutes in total.

Did you exchange aml_autoscript stepping from part2 to part3?

Skippies tab has a similar defect and only runs with a bootable but empty SDCard in the slot. Give it a try.

Remove the files from your bootable card, but do not reformat it. Press power for >8 seconds.

If all that does not help further debugging will only be possible using the internal UART debug connection to detect where the process fails...

Thanks for your interest. From Tuesday he is already at home.

When I try to execute Part2 of your tuto I obtained a loop.
If I try the part3 nothing happens
I tried to boot with the bootable SDcard without files but nothing happens
The tablet is recogniced by PC but I obtain always the same error

I don't understand that. The only difference between part2 and part3 is an additional NAND unlock and scrub command at start. Rest is the same! So you should see the installation progress too running part3 - if successful or not depends on the defects. You must not connect the tab to your PC if you run this procedure! If you do USB-connect it the bootloader switches to USB burning mode and does not execute the startup scripts on the SDCard! Did you use the recommended Rozak ROM for part3 or did you use a different one?

Ortaver: It seems I was in about the same situation as you were. Part2 = install loop, but Part 3 went through well. instead of small green android i got nothing (I suppose I erased him as well), then screen flashed several times followed by big android with installation progress. It took a while though to get to actualinstallation. I was also able to boot to TWRP from SDcard (bootable SD with recovery.img on it, powered on with vol+ pressed), can you?

I don't understand that. The only difference between part2 and part3 is an additional NAND unlock and scrub command at start. Rest is the same! So you should see the installation progress too running part3 - if successful or not depends on the defects. You must not connect the tab to your PC if you run this procedure! If you do USB-connect it the bootloader switches to USB burning mode and does not execute the startup scripts on the SDCard! Did you use the recommended Rozak ROM for part3 or did you use a different one?

Firstly, please, excuse my bad English.

I executed the procedure described in Part2.

I have not encountered any problems when creating the bootable SDcard I copied TWRP recovery and started right up.

Once I test that the SDcard work, I downloaded the 2.0.1 official ONDA rom, unzipped and copied the four files (factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img, u-boot.bin and update.zip), I copied your aml_autoscript file. I inserted the sdcard in the tablet, disconnect the USB cable, I switch off the tablet pressing power button for 15 seconds.

Then I pres Vol+, followed by power. A little android robot appears followed by a bigger robot with a progress bar bellow.

When the progress bar reached the end, the robot disappeared tenths of a second, again show the robot and the progress bar starting from 0.

After 30 minutes I had to turn off the tablet pressing 10 seconds the power button.

When I try to execute  Part3 the tablet is unresponsive.

I tried to use usb_burning_tool metod but I obtain the error described before.

Ortaver: It seems I was in about the same situation as you were. Part2 = install loop, but Part 3 went through well. instead of small green android i got nothing (I suppose I erased him as well), then screen flashed several times followed by big android with installation progress. It took a while though to get to actualinstallation. I was also able to boot to TWRP from SDcard (bootable SD with recovery.img on it, powered on with vol+ pressed), can you?

No, now I can't boot TWRP recovery from bootable SDCard.

When I press power for 5 seconds the screen turned on but can not see anything, only the LED lights that illuminate and remains black

Well, looks like I managed to revive the tablet.
I tried again the Usb_burning_tool method as if to flash the Stane's rom again.

This time I unchecked the option to erase bootloader to prevent the error [0x32010702] that I mention above

Again I have the tablet such as a month ago.

Works fine for 15 minutes and then freezes. I have to turn it off by holding power button for 10 seconds.
To turn it back on I have to wait 10-15 minutes

Is there any way to install the official rom (or Rozak) using USB_burning_Tool?

Unfortunately not.

Too many specific files are missing.

Stane1983 already explained that.

How I can test if I have a NAND problem.

I have read at http://hispatablets.com/onda-v975m/onda-v975m-t585.htmlin the option marked as " Desbirckeo para pantalla en negro - u-boot MOD Metodo de Rozak" that I can check the nand using this

su
    dmesg|grep nand

This is that I obtain

u0_a67@k12_MA975M8:/ $ su
root@k12_MA975M8:/ # dmesg|grep nand
<4>[ 1.900257@0] ===========================================amlnf_init:637,nand device tree ok,dev-name:nand
<4>[ 1.921293@0] ######STS IRQ mode for nand driver
<4>[ 1.974948@0] nand shipped bbt at block 6
<4>[ 1.996529@0] i=0,register --- nand_key
<4>[ 2.021168@0] nand adjust phy offset : block 4
<4>[ 2.022548@0] nand adjust phy offset : block 4
<4>[ 2.145172@0] amlnand_add_nftl:
<4>[ 4.447221@2] name=nand_key nand_key
root@k12_MA975M8:/ #

The strangest thing is that before hanging, always, you can see some flickering horizontal lines

There is nothing special in this:

<4>[ 1.900257@0] ===========================================amlnf_init:637,nand device tree ok,dev-name:nand
<4>[ 1.921293@0] ######STS IRQ mode for nand driver
<4>[ 1.974948@0] nand shipped bbt at block 6
<4>[ 1.996529@0] i=0,register --- nand_key
<4>[ 2.021168@0] nand adjust phy offset : block 4
<4>[ 2.022548@0] nand adjust phy offset : block 4
<4>[ 2.145172@0] amlnand_add_nftl:
<4>[ 4.447221@2] name=nand_key nand_key

Just tells you that the BadBlockTable is located in block 6.

And it doesn't detect additional bad blocks on first attempt which does not prove that all NAND blocks really are ok.

BTW - the hispatablet scripts do quite the same as I do in the part2 or part3 scripts...

su
dmesg|grep NAND

instead of "dmesg|grep nand" shows the type of NAND and the way it is organized.

I think I already told you that these flickering lines are a symptom of RAM malfunction and the usage time of ~10 minutes is a symptom of a thermal problem which might be combined or related to the RAM failure.

As the NAND contents are transferred to the RAM during operation a RAM problem can also show up like a NAND problem.

To be honest - I would not put any work in that tab anymore. Try to either completely erase it or put a stock ROM on it using part2 with stock ROM files and then return it to Onda for repair or warranty exchange.

I think I already told you that these flickering lines are a symptom of RAM malfunction and the usage time of ~10 minutes is a symptom of a thermal problem which might be combined or related to the RAM failure.

As the NAND contents are transferred to the RAM during operation a RAM problem can also show up like a NAND problem.

To be honest - I would not put any work in that tab anymore. Try to either completely erase it or put a stock ROM on it using part2 with stock ROM files and then return it to Onda for repair or warranty exchange.

But the flickering lines don't appears with the stock rom...

I buy the tablet with the 1.0.7 stock rom version. Iimmediately I flashed the 2.0.1 KK stock version and the only problem I encountered is that is very, very slow, but the tablet works normally. I can power off, Soft resest, hard reset, etc.

And, when the tablet freezes (not happen frequently) I can power off pressing power button for 10 seconds and restart it immediately.

As you say, I desperately need to install a stock rom to return it for repair.

Now, I prepared my bootable SDcard with the Part3 metod and I use the 2.0.1 stock rom.

- The little green robot is showed.

- Reset

- Black Screen

- Bigger green robot with progress bar.

- Reset

- Big green robot...

Loop

I think this is the best you can achieve.

I suggest to return it now.

But add a description that all this began with freezes and flickering lines in the display.

You tried to reinstall the official ROM then using Onda's original files which led to that unbootable tab.

I also have no success with unbrick, where to send bricked tablet? I bought at onda-tablet but no response from them.....

I have great news and good news. :D :cool: :D :P :D :cool:
Looks like I finally have my working tablet.

I have achieved this by following, one by one, all the unbrick procedures described in the post http://hispatablets.com/onda-v975m/onda-v975m-t585.html

Exatcly the one called "Desbirckeo para pantalla en negro - u-boot MOD Metodo de Rozak"

I created the 3 files described in the post,

erasebd.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <progress_configs>
    <command sn="0">store init 3</command>
    <command sn="1">store erase boot</command>
    <command sn="2">store erase data</command>
    <command sn="3">reset</command>
    </progress_configs>

config_progress_erase_my.xml

<progress_configs>
    <command sn="0">mmcinfo</command>
    <command sn="1">store init 3</command>
    <command sn="2">fatload mmc 0 0x10100 u-boot.bin</command>
    <command sn="3">store rom_write 0x10100 0 60000</command>
    <command sn="4">mw 0xc8100004 0x01010101</command>
    <command sn="5">reset</command>
    </progress_configs>

fullerase.xml

<progress_configs>
    <command sn="0">mmcinfo</command>
    <command sn="1">store init 3</command>
    <command sn="2">store erase boot</command>
    <command sn="3">store erase data</command>
    <command sn="4">fatload mmc 0 0x10100 u-boot.bin</command>
    <command sn="5">store rom_write 0x10100 0 60000</command>
    <command sn="6">mw 0xc8100004 0x01010101</command>
    <command sn="7">reset</command>
    </progress_configs>

I downloaded the Amlogic Image Burning Tool v.1.6.2.0128 http://www.v975m.com/downloads/upload/_USB-Burning-Tool%201.6.2.0128.7z or http://www.ondaforum.com/files/download/28-usb-burning-tool-v1621228rar/

I followed the steps described but I have the flash loop always.

I tried to re-flash the stane Rom using USB_Burning_tool and in this occasion the soft has been able to erase the bootloader and the flash operation is finished without problems.

Now I can restart, power off, install TWRP, start in recovery mode without problems.

Now I'll try a few days to verify that no other error exist.

I want to thank all of you for your invaluable help. Especially SciBee, Rozak for their unbrick methods (that are the ones used in hispatablets once translated) and Stane1983 for his rom.