Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Blackview S8 4G Phablet   10/19/2017

Blackview S8 4G Phablet 5.7 inch Android 7.0 MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8.0MP + 0.3MP Dual Front Cameras Touch Sensor
      ● Display: 5.7 inch, 1440 x 720 Pixel screen
      ● CPU: MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core
      ● System: Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + 0.3MP front cameras + 13.0MP + 0.3MP back cameras
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Micro SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
      ● Feature: GPS
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network:
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz Check it here.
SciBee

HowTo - Create a bootable SDCard for V975M

Hy!

I follow the instrucion, but the tab don't boot from the sd card. It uses the default recovery, not the twrp recovery. It is only a 2gb card, so the other boot version is not option for me. Any solution?

recovery.img (TWRP or original or Philz) has to be in the root of the SDCard!

Simultaneously press Power and Vol+ while the SDCard is in the socket.

A 2GB FAT32 formatted card is ok for all steps.

If the default/original recovery is booting that should be all you need to install a rozak or stock ROM.

recovery.img (TWRP or original or Philz) has to be in the root of the SDCard!

Simultaneously press Power and Vol+ while the SDCard is in the socket.

A 2GB FAT32 formatted card is ok for all steps.

If the default/original recovery is booting that should be all you need to install a rozak or stock ROM.

Hy!

Thank you! So, i would jump straight to "Part2 - Install a different ROM",becouse i have an original ROM. Am I right? (sorry if, I am a bit irritating, but I woldn't like brick my tablet).

Hy!

Thank you! So, i would jump straight to "Part2 - Install a different ROM",becouse i have an original ROM. Am I right? (sorry if, I am a bit irritating, but I woldn't like brick my tablet).

Ok. Then I tried the part 2 all files on the bootable SD card, but nothing special happens (obviously pressing Volume+ and power buttons): IMG_20150511_153756.jpg

I think you perfectly misunderstand what booting off the SDCard means in the Android world.

This just means that the bootloader on the SDCard is started instead of the bootloader in your internal NAND. You need that in case your ROM is corrupted or your partitions on your NAND have been deleted and your internal bootloader is not working anymore.

The bootloader just grants some basic hardware support.

It's more or less like the Bios on a standard PC.

After the bootloader has started it boots either a recovery: internal or on the SDCard - or the ROM: ALWAYS on your NAND!

There are some devices/ROMs indeed booting off the SDCard - but not this device and none of the available ROMs.

So in fact you will always get a recovery - no matter if you boot the SDCard or the internal NAND by pressing Power-Vol+.

This recovery, which is some kind of independant OS is needed to install any ROM on your device.

It's like booting a PC using a Windows installation DVD.

Bios=bootloader

WinPE=recovery

WinPE then installs your e.g. Win8.1 (=ROM) on your harddisk.

Original ROM means stock ROM by onda.

It seems you started Philz recovery which is not suitable to install a stock or rozak ROM.

So first decide which ROM you want to install and then put the appropriate files on the SDCard or for stane1983 ROMs use the USB burning tool without a SDCard.

Installation guides are always in the opening posts (OP) of the corresponding threads.

I think you perfectly misunderstand what booting off the SDCard means in the Android world.

This just means that the bootloader on the SDCard is started instead of the bootloader in your internal NAND. You need that in case your ROM is corrupted or your partitions on your NAND have been deleted and your internal bootloader is not working anymore.

The bootloader just grants some basic hardware support.

It's more or less like the Bios on a standard PC.

After the bootloader has started it boots either a recovery: internal or on the SDCard - or the ROM: ALWAYS on your NAND!

There are some devices/ROMs indeed booting off the SDCard - but not this device and none of the available ROMs.

So in fact you will always get a recovery - no matter if you boot the SDCard or the internal NAND by pressing Power-Vol+.

This recovery, which is some kind of independant OS is needed to install any ROM on your device.

It's like booting a PC using a Windows installation DVD.

Bios=bootloader

WinPE=recovery

WinPE then installs your e.g. Win8.1 (=ROM) on your harddisk.

Original ROM means stock ROM by onda.

It seems you started Philz recovery which is not suitable to install a stock or rozak ROM.

So first decide which ROM you want to install and then put the appropriate files on the SDCard or for stane1983 ROMs use the USB burning tool without a SDCard.

Installation guides are always in the opening posts (OP) of the corresponding threads.

Thank you for the anwer. But my situation: i tried first run the twrp recovery without install, becouse of testing the botable sd card. It doesnt work, i got only the factory version of recovery. I tried to install the most rated rozak ROM  (20140515) too. All nessesary files with corect name in the root of a bootsble sd card but i got only the factory recovery again (doesnt start the installation).

To run TWRP the SDCard does not need to be bootable.

Just download the TWRP version mating your installed ROM. You need the mating version because of the partitioning scheme. Stock and rozak differ from stane1983.

Extract the *.img file from the installable zip.

Rename that file to "recovery.img" and copy it to the root of your SDCard.

That's all.

If the stock/integrated recovery is booted if you press Power-Vol+ instead of the one on your SDCard it seems that your SDCard is not readable by the bootloader.

Is it FAT32 formatted? A 2GB card can also be formatted as FAT16 and I don't know if that works too.

Is the card readable in the tab when your normal Android system is started?

To run TWRP the SDCard does not need to be bootable.

Just download the TWRP version mating your installed ROM. You need the mating version because of the partitioning scheme. Stock and rozak differ from stane1983.

Extract the *.img file from the installable zip.

Rename that file to "recovery.img" and copy it to the root of your SDCard.

That's all.

If the stock/integrated recovery is booted if you press Power-Vol+ instead of the one on your SDCard it seems that your SDCard is not readable by the bootloader.

Is it FAT32 formatted? A 2GB card can also be formatted as FAT16 and I don't know if that works too.

Is the card readable in the tab when your normal Android system is started?

Yep. I think i tried all combinations :D . FAT32, and when I tried the rom, i used the ROM's "u-boot.bin" file for the process. When the card is in the tab, it can  be read and written. But the rovery don't see the files from sd card, only from the internal memory (it seems, it don't recognise absolutely the sd card). So it would bo good to flash the ROM without sd card.

The procedure worked for many people - including me - so it's obvious that there is a problem with your SDCard.

Either you get a new SDCard or you try to install the ROM via OTG USB stick. Don't know if Philz supports that...

Boot the integrated recovery and install the ROM from the USB stick.

Please post the type of your SDCard. That would prevent other users from falling into the same trap.

The procedure worked for many people - including me - so it's obvious that there is a problem with your SDCard.

Either you get a new SDCard or you try to install the ROM via OTG USB stick. Don't know if Philz supports that...

Boot the integrated recovery and install the ROM from the USB stick.

Please post the type of your SDCard. That would prevent other users from falling into the same trap.

It's a very basic sd card (San Disk with no other information on the surface, if my memories are right, becouse now I'm not at home). 

My recovery and all of software on the tab are fully original, factory version. 

Now i put a card from the phone to the tab, it recognise correctly, but in recovery it looks like, it wasn't instert. Same with a pendrive. So it looks like the best way is, that i avoid the sd card ROM installing. But i don't recognise other version of ROM installing. And after 2 week non stop thinkig, searching and testing, i would give up all, it looks like impossible. But the problem is that, in this condition the tab is almost useless becouse of the ridiculous cpu clock limit. It's freezing, lagging and somtimes just exit from an app.

I suggest to install stane's KK ROM then.

You install it via USBBurning tool without the need for a SDCard.

But you have to use the USB version here:

Use the instructions in the second post.

But be warned - as this installation replaces your stock boot loader and writes a new partition layout to your NAND there is a noticeable risk for a brick.

I have great news and good news. :D :cool: :D :P :D :cool:

Looks like I finally have my working tablet.

I have achieved this by following, one by one, all the unbrick procedures described in the post http://hispatablets.com/onda-v975m/onda-v975m-t585.html

Exatcly the one called "Desbirckeo para pantalla en negro - u-boot MOD Metodo de Rozak"

I created the 3 files described in the post,

erasebd.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <progress_configs>
    <command sn="0">store init 3</command>
    <command sn="1">store erase boot</command>
    <command sn="2">store erase data</command>
    <command sn="3">reset</command>
    </progress_configs>

config_progress_erase_my.xml

<progress_configs>
    <command sn="0">mmcinfo</command>
    <command sn="1">store init 3</command>
    <command sn="2">fatload mmc 0 0x10100 u-boot.bin</command>
    <command sn="3">store rom_write 0x10100 0 60000</command>
    <command sn="4">mw 0xc8100004 0x01010101</command>
    <command sn="5">reset</command>
    </progress_configs>

fullerase.xml

<progress_configs>
    <command sn="0">mmcinfo</command>
    <command sn="1">store init 3</command>
    <command sn="2">store erase boot</command>
    <command sn="3">store erase data</command>
    <command sn="4">fatload mmc 0 0x10100 u-boot.bin</command>
    <command sn="5">store rom_write 0x10100 0 60000</command>
    <command sn="6">mw 0xc8100004 0x01010101</command>
    <command sn="7">reset</command>
    </progress_configs>

I downloaded the Amlogic Image Burning Tool v.1.6.2.0128 http://www.v975m.com/downloads/upload/_USB-Burning-Tool%201.6.2.0128.7z or http://www.ondaforum.com/files/download/28-usb-burning-tool-v1621228rar/

I followed the steps described but I have the flash loop always.

I tried to re-flash the stane Rom using USB_Burning_tool and in this occasion the soft has been able to erase the bootloader and the flash operation is finished without problems.

Now I can restart, power off, install TWRP, start in recovery mode without problems.

Now I'll try a few days to verify that no other error exist.

I want to thank all of you for your invaluable help. Especially SciBee, Rozak for their unbrick methods (that are the ones used in hispatablets once translated) and Stane1983 for his rom.

Thanks, that hispatablet posting (together with Google Translate) revived my tablet today using "config_progress_erase_my.xml".

First I thought nothing worked... then I left the tablet alone for an hour... when I returned, it was in a bootloop with the Android robot with the spinning cube (?) !!

Then I was able to use the Amlogic Burning tool after all.

[all of this was started because I tried to go back from Stane1983 1.0.0 Beta back to 0.9.2...]

I suggest to install stane's KK ROM then.

You install it via USBBurning tool without the need for a SDCard.

But you have to use the USB version here:

Use the instructions in the second post.

But be warned - as this installation replaces your stock boot loader and writes a new partition layout to your NAND there is a noticeable risk for a brick.

Thank you! It seems now, not the sd card makes the issue, becouse I can't reach "the small droid picture". I follow accurately the instructions (driver install too) but even after the 10th time i got the recovery menu (what i uploaded earlier). If I'm right i would get at the sd card version "the small droid" too, so i think it's something with the software (or i do a little mistake every time, but I think the chance of this is little, 'couse I do everything step by step following the instucions).

Bootable image does not fit my 16GB Sdcard..  Is there anything Im doing wrong or i should know. I have my tablet Bricked ( my 975m ) and my laptop cannot recognize under windows xp.. Even when on my pc with windows 7 I get a low power error even after its been charged using USB burning tool. I ran the 3 .xml scripts already friom my pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Im searching all over forum for solutions.

Thanks in advance..

Pete

Thank you! It seems now, not the sd card makes the issue, becouse I can't reach "the small droid picture". I follow accurately the instructions (driver install too) but even after the 10th time i got the recovery menu (what i uploaded earlier). If I'm right i would get at the sd card version "the small droid" too, so i think it's something with the software (or i do a little mistake every time, but I think the chance of this is little, 'couse I do everything step by step following the instucions).

First you should tell us what you try to do.

Which ROM do you want to install? Which way?

If you use the method of this thread (part2) you should see the little droid.

Bootable image does not fit my 16GB Sdcard..  Is there anything Im doing wrong or i should know. I have my tablet Bricked ( my 975m ) and my laptop cannot recognize under windows xp.. Even when on my pc with windows 7 I get a low power error even after its been charged using USB burning tool. I ran the 3 .xml scripts already friom my pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Im searching all over forum for solutions.

Thanks in advance..

Pete

This thread is not for the hispatablets method. I did not try that - so I can't help here.

This thread will only work if you want to install rozak or stock ROM.

You do not need to use the bootable image. Use the "easy way" instead.

Next will only help if you want to install a stane1983 ROM:

Concerning the low power message: we also had that if people did not use the original cable (it uses thicker wires) or a USB3 port or USB ports behind a hub.

Open your device manager. Switch the view to devices by connection and locate the tab. Try different ports. The less hubs in between the better.

Bootable image does not fit my 16GB Sdcard.

Exactly what image are you talking about? You mean the image of a bootable SD card? The ones from the hispatablets page are (e.g. SD_unbrick_V975M_V3_1-1-0_STOCK.rar) is only 2 GB...

Exactly what image are you talking about? You mean the image of a bootable SD card? The ones from the hispatablets page are (e.g. SD_unbrick_V975M_V3_1-1-0_STOCK.rar) is only 2 GB...

Im using image unpacked as per SciBee's instructions..  Botable image is approx 16 GB...  

Where can I find download link to hispatablets page.. My spanish no good...

Also Links are dead, my 975m is V1

my error

[HUB7-1][0x00102002]UBOOT/Lowper/Send command/USB Control setup error

First you should tell us what you try to do.

Which ROM do you want to install? Which way?

If you use the method of this thread (part2) you should see the little droid.

Basically I tried 2 versions of ROMs. Both are your offer. 1) Rozak's 20140415 version with SD installing 2) stane's version with burning tool. Both situation: i did everything following the instuctions. But both version ended with this problem: when i press, hold and realese volume+ and power buttons  (and the secound version connect the cable) the tablet runs only the recovery menu, no spinnig cube with little droid. My phone behaved so, when I used wrong key combinations, but in this case I press volume+ and power like in the desciptions.

my error

[HUB7-1][0x00102002]UBOOT/Lowper/Send command/USB Control setup error

I've got this kind of error when I put my tablet into recovery mode Before I've started flashing.

So method is: power off tablet -> connect to pc/notebook USB port (any) -> Start USB Burning tool -> set language to English -> load image (for me stane1983 0.9.2 ROM worked) -> Click Start -> Push Volume+ and Power button on tab till PC/Notebook recognise (appear in device manager) -> driver installing automatically -> when USB Burn Tool recognise tablet, flashing start automatically. -> when finished, stop USB Burn tool -> press Power button till tablet turn off (dissapeare from device manager) -> unplug tablet from PC/Notebook -> Turn on tablet with pushing Power button.

If you had done everything right, it will start with flashed ROM

Still getting same error.. Low Power.. Tablet has been charged and same..

I had similar errors. You might try to follow this tutorial:  , which is basically the same procedure as described in the hispatablet forum.

Using this method resolved my strange USB errors.

Some people advise to use a XP pc (instead of later versions) and no USB 3.0 port; I assume you have tried a different USB 2.0 already (?)

I managed to hard brick my tablet. Trying to solve this by using scibees methods I noticed the aml-files can no longer be downloaded. Can anyone reupload them?