Onda Forum
Gearbest Xiaomi Smartest Bestsellers promotion
Xiaomi Smartest Bestsellers
snyperr

"NEW" V989 Air (Allwinner A83T) - Temp Sub Forum - How To's v989 Air

any one for flashing recovery ?

Hi,

just got my 989 yesterday and have been trying to set it up to my taste. So firstly, thank you for the info on rooting with Kingroot. That worked perfectly. One of the points that was mentioned was some tweaking regarding the minimum and max clock speeds. Any chance you can 'walk me through' on how to make those tweaks please?

Onthing that I am thing confused about is the Brush (romantic flashin) process. I a) cannot find a usable English version of Brush software (I'm guessing it exists somewhere...) And which image should I install?

Again, thank you very much for your notes and hope you (or someone on the forum) can guide me with the rest :)

Doug

Hi, So far you can only flash the Roms from Onda, 1.0.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.5, They are visually identical but are supposed to have patches. You probably won't tell any difference. These are all available by searching this site or looking through this thread. A new custom rom was jsut written and made available that uses experiaZ code. IT looks nice but I can't see why its better than jsut using Nova launcher. I flashed it then flashed back to 1.0.5 and spend a few hourse getting back to normal. I reccommend updating to 1.0.5 with Ondasuit--Download the rom to your desktop, plug in your tablet with USB debugging ON. Then open Ondasuit and click the icon that has the arrows in a circle, 3rd from right, then via the grey button on the right navigate it to the rom file 1.0.5 on your desktop. when it prompts click through the buttons(chinese buttons for "ok" or  "yes" will be on the left of the dialog instead of the right ike you'd think. and it should work. You may have to start this process with the tablet off, open ondasuite, hold down vol up, plug in, let go of vol up, and wathc it go. Hope this helps. experiment and don't give up if things stand still, you're not going to brick your device, and with a littel patience its fool proof. If I can figure it out you can. Good luck. Message me back if you have any questions

any one for flashing recovery ?

Like using Rashr? it works. I used it to reboot directly to recovery and flashed rom I had moved to sd card. nice and easy. Wish there was a better rom out there though...The Z rom was cool to get working but I went right back to 1.0.5 and Nova launcher. The root tool in my signature, which is my fav. for ease of use doesn't work for this new Z rom. that was a dealbreaker for me...

And it's smoother than 1.0.5 which is our biggest problem also antutu result is better 2D graphics scored 962(i think they should work more on the 2D graphics so that the tablet becomes smoother)so it's a step forward and not as disappointing as 1.0.5 atleast now we know there is hope that the tablet can improve.

Like using Rashr? it works. I used it to reboot directly to recovery and flashed rom I had moved to sd card. nice and easy. Wish there was a better rom out there though...The Z rom was cool to get working but I went right back to 1.0.5 and Nova launcher. The root tool in my signature, which is my fav. for ease of use doesn't work for this new Z rom. that was a dealbreaker for me...

I did with rashr and V989 CWM.img but i got bootloop,now i am rooted in  v1.0.6 - affraid to flash recovery

I got my v989 Air a week ago and I like it so far.

Upgraded to v1.0.6 firmware with OndaSuite using English Instructions docx.

Rooted with Onda Root (see link from any of jrmcnugent posts)

Loaded Titanium Backup from Google Play Store and removed all Chinese apps and cell Phone stuff.

Also loaded NOVA Launcher, much better than ONDA Launcher.

Decent battery life now. I haven't tried any games but eventually I might load something just for fun.

This tablet is not the best out there but I think it is very good for the money.

Anyone help me flash a custom ROM to my V989 AIR? drivers won't install properly with ondasuit and install from flashcard gives me "bad footer" messages. I have root but hate the firmware. Help please?

you should install the Romaster_4.1.2.15284_Setup.exe from mgyun.com first and all needed drivers will be installed.  Then install the offical brushing tool from onda.

On 6/18/2015 at 8:10 AM, jrmcnugent said:

Hi, So far you can only flash the Roms from Onda, 1.0.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.5, They are visually identical but are supposed to have patches. You probably won't tell any difference. These are all available by searching this site or looking through this thread. A new custom rom was jsut written and made available that uses experiaZ code. IT looks nice but I can't see why its better than jsut using Nova launcher. I flashed it then flashed back to 1.0.5 and spend a few hourse getting back to normal. I reccommend updating to 1.0.5 with Ondasuit--Download the rom to your desktop, plug in your tablet with USB debugging ON. Then open Ondasuit and click the icon that has the arrows in a circle, 3rd from right, then via the grey button on the right navigate it to the rom file 1.0.5 on your desktop. when it prompts click through the buttons(chinese buttons for "ok" or  "yes" will be on the left of the dialog instead of the right ike you'd think. and it should work. You may have to start this process with the tablet off, open ondasuite, hold down vol up, plug in, let go of vol up, and wathc it go. Hope this helps. experiment and don't give up if things stand still, you're not going to brick your device, and with a littel patience its fool proof. If I can figure it out you can. Good luck. Message me back if you have any questions

tried your two methods - with debugging mode on and with buttons. Onda just powers off when pressing upgrade and nothing happen. it shows that device is not connected

look at other thread where it says that with new google play update onda freezes