Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Blackview S8 4G Phablet   10/19/2017

Blackview S8 4G Phablet 5.7 inch Android 7.0 MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8.0MP + 0.3MP Dual Front Cameras Touch Sensor
      ● Display: 5.7 inch, 1440 x 720 Pixel screen
      ● CPU: MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core
      ● System: Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + 0.3MP front cameras + 13.0MP + 0.3MP back cameras
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Micro SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
      ● Feature: GPS
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network:
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz Check it here.
snyperr

"NEW" V989 Air (Allwinner A83T) - Temp Sub Forum - Custom Rom for Onda v989 Air

This is temporary until we open a new section just for the new V989 Air ( Allwinner A83T Octa Core Tablet) which is the newer and different version of the previous V989 A80T Octa Core Tablet.

• Upvote 2

Anyone working on V989 Air Custom rom yet? would like to know hows it going and eta if possible, thanks

Welcome to the Forums!

We need one of two things to happen before we can hope to get a custom rom for V989 Air.

1. One of our current Devs who currently own a V989 to buy a V989 Air (very doubtful based on performance reports in this forum) or,

2. A first time buyer of a V989 Air who happens to be a Dev..... (probably better chance of happening than #1)

So far I don't think either has happened..... :(

Keep checking back as it could happen anytime, you never know.....!  ;)

It would be nice to have at least "clean" FW.. In other topic i wrote that i could help any of the dev's to test it out, as far as i know it is not necessary to have device at hand, you can rebuilt original ROM removing trash and making some simple tweaks.

If this is really possible i could test this images before "release" and do some testing or provide all needed info about tablet i can get.

Wath is the apps you want to remove ? Give me a list.

Do you already try the CWM recovery of the v989 in v989 air?

The android version is 4.4 ?

Hi, i already removed them with Titanium backup, i would need to reflash tablet to have exact list, a lot of Chinese apps, and they only in Chinese, some "account manager" and so on.

Nope i haven't tried CWM, flashed original FW with Onda "brush tool" and rooted with Kingo ROOT.

Yes current FW for V989 Air is 4.4.4

I have only V989 Air now, had V813 before, bu it is dead :(

I need a list of the apps to remove, then, maybe i do a script (patch) to modify your rom (root, performance, init.d , custom apps ...)

in the rom do you have a app called Update ? 

• Upvote 1

I will try to get txt list of all installed apps in fresh ROM and mark unneeded, also some apps look's like "normal" but i think they are not really that normal, i will mark them somehow.

There is only app called "System update" and it don't let local updates like it was before... I don't think it is useful.

good morning, everyone, let's try to make a custom rom for this tablet
notice that I have not this tablet and everything I do is without having tested, so I need a tester with some experience in flashing because it can take something wrong and can be necessary to flash the original rom.

method 1
In the first place do a backup with a app like "titanium" and copy to your computer
download this patch "update.zip"
copy to SD root
reboot in recovery( if you do not know how, install "rashr" app from play store, and reboot to recovery from there ...)
in recovery, select "install update from sd" or something like this ...
reboot
_____::_____

method 2

In the first place do a backup with a app like "titanium" and copy to your computer
download this patch "update.zip" and "update.apk"(unzip update.apk.zip) copy to SD
install update.apk
run update ->local update -> sd card
choose update.zip
reboot

let's see if it worked ... this patch installs root supersu, init.d support and a new launcher "xperia"

PS: don't forget to say thanks ...

Update.APK.zip

• Upvote 3

Hi and thanks!

If everything goes fine then all app settings and so on should not be lost? Backup is only in case of emergency?

If it will work will it be hard to make ROM with removed unneeded trash from original ROM and we could have fresh install?

on page 3 SiClarke99 helped to get rid of "Cell standby" battery usage by changing:

\system\build.prop
In a text editor find the line ro.carrier=unknown and change unknown to wifi-only

After that i needed to discharge tablet and charge it again, and "Cell standby" was gone. Also we removed everything related to SMS/MMS/cell etc. + all Chinese stuff.

Making such ROM would be very very nice...

Hi and thanks!

If everything goes fine then all app settings and so on should not be lost? Backup is only in case of emergency?

If it will work will it be hard to make ROM with removed unneeded trash from original ROM and we could have fresh install?

if everything goes fine, all apps settings will not be lost, but just in case , do a backup to your ext_sd or computer...

if this patch works, will be easy to create a script to erase all the trash 

Hello everybody,

\system\build.prop
In a text editor find the line ro.carrier=unknown and change unknown to wifi-only

After that i needed to discharge tablet and charge it again, and "Cell standby" was gone. Also we removed everything related to SMS/MMS/cell etc

I've done that but Cell Standby always come back and always here  ...

Regarding custom ROM, Ok we know that it will not be like the original V989. But I'm sure, regarding hardware, this tablet can work more better like today (with firmwarer 1.0.5 from Onda). A lot of things can be improved (speed, battery, etc ...) like done with custom ROM for the other V989 .... 

Just wait that a Developer will have time to do that for us ;)

I'm developer but never done roms or worked with android ....

guys hi, did anyone do antutu tests and has anything to reco for making the tablet faster (apart from launcher) - always talking for "air"?

my test score was only 24,800 and battery was just 50% so avg but what surprised me was the GPU score which was at 30% quite below avg. 

btw that was after installing 1.0.5 which took me around 2h to make the tablet operational again!!!

i have installed all google apps, coc etc ... and then run the test, it true though that where it shows ram usage from 1,6 free went to 1,0GB free after installing the apps.  

It was written here that it has pretty old GPU, thanks to this graphics performance is worse than ever :) This could not be fixed by firmware.

So we are just stuck in the same boat...

Hello everybody,

I've done that but Cell Standby always come back and always here  ...

Regarding custom ROM, Ok we know that it will not be like the original V989. But I'm sure, regarding hardware, this tablet can work more better like today (with firmwarer 1.0.5 from Onda). A lot of things can be improved (speed, battery, etc ...) like done with custom ROM for the other V989 .... 

Just wait that a Developer will have time to do that for us ;)

I'm developer but never done roms or worked with android ....

Developers won't buy it, as it is crap :D

It was written here that it has pretty old GPU, thanks to this graphics performance is worse than ever :) This could not be fixed by firmware.

So we are just stuck in the same boat...

but i think that it supposed to have 4 of these old gpus not just one - hence the difference and the great score in antutu, no am i wrong? so 989 is better than air? 

Then we have no chance to have this tablet a little quicker and better ? For me antutu around 25 000....

Devs, i undertstand that you probably not buy this tablet.

But is there anyway where we can optimize some settings with existing tools ?

not really understand, volunteered me to do a Onda Z rom for this device, I asked to test one patch (only 2 downloads...), since I don´t have this tablet, and even that they not do !!!!  want miracles ??!?!
It is already the second time I ask something and i´m simply ignored
from me you will never have a custom rom ...
  • Upvote 1

Hi

Sorry for errors in message, i'm written with a french dictionary and sometimes i dont check each time if words are corrects.

And i'm newbee in this topic ....

Like said in other post its first time i've an Android system in hands. Then all is new for me.

My tablet is rooted .

I can give you informations you need if i can do it with some issues in case of problems