• Announcements

• Krzysiek

Tablet May Markdowns   05/07/17

Tablet May Markdowns Great tablet deals Every day 4 items in half price. Check: Tablet May Markdowns What will be:  9 may 2017 Jumper EZpad 6 2 in 1 Tablet PC with Keyboard Jumper EZpad 6 2 in 1 Tablet PC Jumper EZBOOK 3 Notebook Jumper Ezbook 2 Ultrabook Laptop 10 may 2017 Cube T8 Plus 4G Phablet Cube T12 3G Phablet Cube iwork1x 2 in 1 Tablet PC CUBE U27GT Super Tablet PC 11 may 2017 Teclast A80se Android 4.2 Tablet PC with 8 Teclast X3 Plus 2 in 1 Tablet PC Teclast X80 Pro Tablet PC Teclast Tbook 16 Power Tablet PC Check: Tablet May Markdowns
snyperr

"NEW" V989 Air (Allwinner A83T) - Temp Sub Forum - Custom Rom for Onda v989 Air

135 posts in this topic

I just did друг

So their answer was "Nothing"? Well, I couldn't believe that their devs are so dumb. Does GNU GPL are just random letters for them?

Gearbest xiaomi brands promotion promotion
xiaomi brands promotion

my v1.0.1_v3 works OK with Youtube. Not tried skype with the camera however.

it came with v1.0.1_v3  and i just rooted and removed the bloatware etc

A custom ROM would be great. It seems to be the limiting factor for overall performance.

So their answer was "Nothing"? Well, I couldn't believe that their devs are so dumb. Does GNU GPL are just random letters for them?

Because someone told that that would be an Android 5 distribution for V989 air coming I bought two for my kids.

Then I tried the 1.0.5. and it did not have a google play store.

If they would just understand that this tablet needs Android 5 on it.

It would be a good advertisement for them, because now its just nice hardware with a decaded OS.

I sent them a request for the source code several times and no response. Sorry.

Isn't there another board from another company with the same specs. Wouldn't it be nice to use that image.

Because someone told that that would be an Android 5 distribution for V989 air coming I bought two for my kids.

Then I tried the 1.0.5. and it did not have a google play store.

If they would just understand that this tablet needs Android 5 on it.

It would be a good advertisement for them, because now its just nice hardware with a decaded OS.

I sent them a request for the source code several times and no response. Sorry.

Isn't there another board from another company with the same specs. Wouldn't it be nice to use that image.

Nope. A83T SoC is used in some chinese tablets, no source code tho'.

Porting from common A83T kernel is a very hard work.

Hello!

I have the v989 air (gold edition) but I don't know which firmware version is the latest for this device. I can't even tell which version of the tablet I have, maybe v3?

The firmware installed is v2.0.1_v5 but it has never been updated since I have the tablet (about a year). I really like the tablet but is has a really bad gaming performance and I would like to have android 5 on it. Is there a working rom in the meantime?  I read that there was a official beta version with android 5 some time ago and not for all devices...

I hope this thread is still alive...

Hellooooo 

some custom rom to this tablet, maybe android 5 or something new ¿?

Onda 989 Air 8core A83T V2

:(

On 6/9/2015 at 11:10 PM, mher11 said:

Just installed.. For me showbox & quickpic didn't work (reinstalled quickpic from playstore & worked) I feel some improvements but still the tablet is laggy and not as responsive as it should be i'm starting to feel that it's a hardware issue & will never be fixed (hope I'm wrong.

Thank u guys for your efforts to improve and give life to this tablet hope you can tweak more and someday we'll have a lag free tablet.

BTW when I put the tablet on charge & use it becomes less responsive(really bad) is it the case with you guys also??? (note:it has nothing to do with the update it was like this from the first day I bought.)

Hey Mher, I also face the same problem sometimes before but when i have got official showbox apk for movies file from reputed site its properly working because this kind of app which is not available in google play store sometimes create issue, so its better to be get this kind of app from some reputed sites

On 07/06/2015 at 11:12 PM, adrpat said:

update.zipforget it ! init.d its not running ... will fix it ...

now, hope this is the final version !

-root

-init.d

-no Chinese apps

-framework changes

-A lot of Performance Tweaks

-Xperia Launcher

-Xperia Keyboard

-Gesture control

-Spotify

-Show Box

-Onda Z bootanimation

-Weatherwidget

-new camera

-new player

-new gallery

-new explorer

-A lot more...

INSTALLATION :

1-Make a factory data reset,("settings-backup & reset") or a fresh firmware 1.05 installation

2-Download update.zip  and copy to sd

3-reboot to recovery ( if you do not know how, install "rashr" app from play store, and reboot to recovery from there ...)

4-install update.zip from sd

5-reboot and make a factory data reset, reboot

:D  If you like it, say thanks  :D

update0607.zip

Sorry to bring back an old discussion like this one : I did install this custom ROM more than one year ago, but I recently stupidly wanted to do a reset and I'm back to the initial chinese version.

When I tried to download the update0607.zip file again, the zip file I get is empty... Would anyone still have it and be able to reupload it ? I know I'm dreaming a bit, but you never know !

Thanks

Yoyo

EDIT : I found it finally :