Onda Forum
Gearbest $111 OFF Over $111.11  promotion
$111 OFF Over $111.11
netdrg

ONDA V919 3G air (core 8) userdata partition to 6GB

This tutorial is made for Onda v919 3G air (core 8) version of the tablet ONLY!!!

You need:

1 - Rooted Tablet

2 - installed CWM recovery

Just flashing file partition_mod.zip with your CWM Recovery.

You can back to default value 2GB Internal storage flashing file partition_orig.zip

OEZvMR.jpg

This tip erase all userdata (internal storage) and the USB storage.

But never forget:
NOTE: Make this tip on the device may void your warranty!!!
NOTE: I am not responsible for any damage that could be done to your tablet before, while or after the process!!!

Edited by netdrg
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi man, +1 REP point for you =) If this really works stable you just made my day since this is one of the worst things onda could do to us =) (give us only 2 gb out of 16 for apps). I will try to flash the files and report back to you. Together we can really make the most of our tablet and make it as useful as possible :D  best regards

EDIT: worked perfectly, thanks man. I am sure that you will a lot of others too with the tool that you found and I think that we can now fully enjoy the given space on tablet :D

I've install CWM recovery from playmarket. how to flash partition? I reboot and selected install update from sd card, selected partition.zip but nothing is flashed, only mistake...

I've install CWM recovery from playmarket. how to flash partition? I reboot and selected install update from sd card, selected partition.zip but nothing is flashed, only mistake...

I don't think that it's possibke to install CWM recovery from playstore. You should have your tablet rooted and updated to the newest firmware and use MTK droid tools installation method for CWM recovery that can be found on this link:

If you don't have "install zip from sd card" option then you don't have CWM recovery installed succesfully. Install update from sd card is the option found in stock android recovery.

Hi, and thank you very much...

Is it possible to make the partition bigger than 5.9 GB? Since I have a 32GB SD, I would prefer a much bigger Internal Storage than USB Storage...

Hi, and thank you very much...

Is it possible to make the partition bigger than 5.9 GB? Since I have a 32GB SD, I would prefer a much bigger Internal Storage than USB Storage...

You should write to netdrg about other partition sizes, 6 gigs work nicely for me and is very stable.

This might be a silly question to some, but am I supposed to copy the 'partition_mod' file to an sdcard in order to flash it to the tablet or do I use the sp_flash tool? Thanks.

This might be a silly question to some, but am I supposed to copy the 'partition_mod' file to an sdcard in order to flash it to the tablet or do I use the sp_flash tool? Thanks.

You flash the .zip file through the CWM or TWRP recovery.

Install zip from sd card >> install zip from internal/external sd card

Hi guys!

Thx a lot for this tip but I'm a novice.. So, what is the solution about "This tip erase all userdata (internal storage) and the USB storage"

A backup from Tinanium is right? Thx for your assistance!