Onda Forum
Gearbest Xiaomi Smartest Bestsellers promotion
Xiaomi Smartest Bestsellers
adrpat

Onda Z Lollipop - Custom ROM img flashable (links updated)

I think Mina makes a good point, a mirror backup would probably be a good idea for the download.

this is from chinese forum http://www.ondabbs.cn/

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3ovP45

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3ovP45

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgKdReS

I will upload in different server soon ...

LINKS UPDATED to mediafire in the front page  !!

Edited by adrpat

After using this ROM for a few months now I seem to have had a few problems. 

When using Youtube I find that it has issues. When I open the app after not using it for a while it states it has an error signing in.  I'll have to sign out of my google account and then sign back in to be able to see my YouTube account. 

I've noticed with some games the graphics are jumbled. Fallout Shelter is a perfect example of this. 

Please see attachment. Screenshot_2015-09-04-14-22-40

Hello.

It happened due to Onda. Lollipop has unstable graphic drivers so this graphic glitches happened due to this.

To fix this, i must build stable CM11 build (it did not boot) and then i can try to build CM12 using good graphic drivers from Kitkat. ( + stable other drivers from Lollipop like audio driver and etc)

But my rom did not boot so i think that it never happened. It just my dream.

I've noticed some graphical issue, especially in the "angry birds" game (angry birds 2 (the latest) and the kind of RPG angry birds).

Does this occur with the Kit kat version ?

I've noticed some graphical issue, especially in the "angry birds" game (angry birds 2 (the latest) and the kind of RPG angry birds).

Does this occur with the Kit kat version ?

the people that have graphical issue, MUST not use the 1.8 Mz tweak , please delete the CPU file inside the folder System-etc-initd

you have a bad graphic chip, if you dont delete the CPU file , you will burn the chip ....

if you still have graphical problems, remember that this lollipop version is beta, and Some games will not work, but even some prestigious brands like sony or samsung, fail. in the most of times its games problems, not rom problems.

win 10 i use 7 zip and mac the unarchiver

My problem is that I wanted to switch to android android lollipop kitkat and I did not succeed . I ve wanted to restore my backup and impossible. Since I have the message : type password to decrypt storage.
Now I want a rom that I can flash from cwm

Edit: It's good with the boot from sd-card.

I could install the firmware v2.1.3

Edited by Porato
problem solved

ONda Z is stuck on the z reboot of death. Waited a few hours for it to reboot but I get nothing. 

I downloaded PhoenixSuit 

went to firmware upgrade. 

turned off tablet 

held one of the volume keys 

plugged in tablet... press power 10 times. release all keys... and i get nothing.... 

any suggestions? 

Hi i have the v1 version of the v989 tablet,

this rom is good for my version?

how can i root  my tablet?

Where can i download the files to root my version V1?

thanks and sorry if the question are repetitive 

Hi all,

i have installed Onda Z lollipop custom rom on my Onda 989v4, it works OK, congrats to author.

But there is no internet browser in applications. Because I'm just to use default internet browser on other devices, can it be installed on this rom (and how ?). Please help.

Hi,

Thank you for this customized ROM.

I'm on Onda Z lollipop since last summer. Now i want to root ... The recovery mod in your method will not erase all my files right (i have nowhere else to put them)? I want to know before doing anything irreversible.

EDIT: It's ok do not respond i have my answer.

Edited by zardoz
I have my answer

I can't perform factory reset.

After selectingWipe data/factory reset I get

Cwm based recovery v6.0.5.1
--Wiping data
Formating /data
Error mounting /data
Skipping format 

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I know you say based on version 5?  I have a V989 v5 (v5A02923) currently running 4.4.4 Android, firmware v2.01v5.

But will it work on this latest version? Or is it as usual a "hail Mary pass" ?

Hello, I have the Onda V989.. and it worked for years without any serious problem thanks to the ADRPAT custom
Z Lollipop rom.

Just 2 days ago it seriously chrashed for some unknown reason. I am searching the whole internet to findthe onda  Z LOLLIPOP custom firmware BUT.. the very first rom.. I have the V1  Onda tablet.
All the links I did found where gone, or had the V2..V3..V4.. grrrr  lollllll

Who can help me ?