Onda Forum
Gearbest Get Xiaomi Mi Band 3 for Free on Xiaomi Great Sale @GearBest promotion
Get Xiaomi Mi Band 3 for Free on Xiaomi Great Sale @GearBest
bugof

From Stane1983 Kitkat to cYpH3r.2003 - v0.0.4

Please, I want to change my ROM but I don't want to brick my Onda V975m, how can I do it? 

Can I update with scibee-twrp-Ver3.2?

Thanks a lot.

you have to do a clean install of one of rozaks 4gb roms, if you don´t do this it will end in softbrick.

you have to do it with a bootable sdcard:

case b is your method with a 4gb storage size rom by rozak

no update with twrp, if you are on stanes roms !!!

Thanks coremania. I could not wait. I installed it but softbrick. I have used USB Burning Tool with a Stane1983's Rom  and all is ok, but yet in Stane's ROM

I surrender.

I can't install other ROM, only Stane1983 ROM

I had the same , check erase boatloader and wait until formatting is done then unplug the tablet just before downloading system and try again

This happened to me more than once but cannot assure the same will happen with you

Hey Guys!

I just stumbled onto another way of escaping stane's Rom by random trial - So I cannot assure it'll work for you as it has for me.

Rozaks Case B led to a rotating Android with progress bar that never finishes, but only starts over, here's the workaround:

1.) I started rozaks Case B way using the above supplied package (thank you by the way).

2.) After SDFormat & boot partioning (with rozak's u-boot.ini)  copy the unpacked files from Rozak's 4G to the SD card, except for "update.zip"

3.) Instead copy an "update.zip" from an Original 975m/979m Stock rom

4.) Now safely remove SD card, plug into tablet, hold "vol +" and "power" until tablet turns on, then release ONLY "power" and keep pressing "vol +" until          the big spinning android appears.

5.) Installation aborts during the spinning Android and you're taken back to Stock Recovery

6.) Now remove the SD card and select "install via ADB" using "vol -" & "power" to confirm

7.) connect USB cable to ADB-ready PC/Linux/MAC and "adb sideload 'update.zip'" (this time use the update.zip from Rozak that you left out before)

8.) Should finish normally - now reboot and welcome out of stane's zone!!

Good Luck!!

Edited by feldkiste
missing step
  • Upvote 1

PLease where can i get original stock rom?

i can not download from baidu

i would need  the update.zip

an i will try too usb stock

EDIT 

OK I FOUND it but i can not to charge the image in the burning tool.

someone can say to me the good one couple?

i tried burnin tool 2.0.4 with image 1.1.1 and can not charge in to the program..

OK EDIT:

with usb burning tool 2.0.5 and  stosk 1.1.1 how make georgevasil

but is important check "force erase all"

thanks

Edited by soko

Hey Guys!

I just stumbled onto another way of escaping stane's Rom by random trial - So I cannot assure it'll work for you as it has for me.

Rozaks Case B led to a rotating Android with progress bar that never finishes, but only starts over, here's the workaround:

1.) I started rozaks Case B way using the above supplied package (thank you by the way).

2.) After SDFormat & boot partioning (with rozak's u-boot.ini)  copy the unpacked files from Rozak's 4G to the SD card, except for "update.zip"

3.) Instead copy an "update.zip" from an Original 975m/979m Stock rom

4.) Now safely remove SD card, plug into tablet, hold "vol +" and "power" until tablet turns on, then release ONLY "power" and keep pressing "vol +" until          the big spinning android appears.

5.) Installation aborts during the spinning Android and you're taken back to Stock Recovery

6.) Now remove the SD card and select "install via ADB" using "vol -" & "power" to confirm

7.) connect USB cable to ADB-ready PC/Linux/MAC and "adb sideload 'update.zip'" (this time use the update.zip from Rozak that you left out before)

8.) Should finish normally - now reboot and welcome out of stane's zone!!

Good Luck!!

please explain  step 7

how is ADB- ready pc

thank you

choose your tablet's version corresponding org. Rom file from this forums download section:

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/category/1-onda-v975m/

Now regarding Step 7.

Without being cocky I wonder how you get anywhere without basic adb knowledge,

But luckily there are tons of good information anywhere to be googled.

If you're on pc, you need a driver for usb android devices usually found on the manufacturer's website, and also adb tools, which can be downloaded anywhere and fully extracted give you a folder containing adb.exe and other files. Go to the folder location with cmd (e.g. c:\users\you>cd c:\adbtools). Then type "adb devices" which should start the daemon and list all usb devices connected by usb, as well as their current mode (recovery, sideload, etc.)

To sideload an update, type (without hitting enter) "adb sideload " (the space after sideload is necessary, don't type apostrophes """), now drag and drop the .zip into the cmd window and hit enter, a progress bar should follow.

if you're smart and use linux, you need only to install the "android-tools" package and use adb directly from the shell.

Hope this helps

Hey All,

I realise this forum is a ghost town these days but if anyone can upload the ROM I need to change from Stane's to Cyph3r's, it would be much appreciated! I believe it is the following file (it doesn't seem to be available anymore via the links above): ONDA_V975m_V3_v1.0.9_rozak_20140414-4G.rar.