Onda Forum
Gearbest $111 OFF Over $111.11  promotion
$111 OFF Over $111.11
rozak

New Root tool for Android 4.3

I have uploaded a newer version of the root installation package for Android 4.3.

You an find it here: 

Please report any issues in this thread.

The remaining of this post is staying for historical reasons.

Regards,

Ilias

Dear all,

I have created a new flash package to root ONDA V975m.
I have tested in V1 hardware and ROM version 1.0.8.

Cural yas tested it in V3 hardware and ROM version 1.0.8.

The difference with other root packages, is that this installs SuperSU 1.93, which is the latest one.

For detailed instructions see the included ReadMe file.

Feedback is very much appreciated.

To download it use this link:
[url="http://www.sendspace.com/file/3cqh4q"]ONDA_V975m_Root_SU-1.93-A4.3-V1V3.rar[/URL]

P.S. I have updated the package to be compatible with V3 also. Please use new link.

Regards,
Ilias
Edited by rozak
Updated package for compatibility with V3 also.
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Rozak. Will this help with the problem I have. Each time I reboot, I need to reroot tab. I am on v 1.08 and have stopped Google Play auto updates.

Sent from my V975m Core4 using Tapatalk

Any chances for v3 version?

I tried installing this, but it gives me an error, and goes to system recovery:

/edit: I'm on 1.0.8 ofc

I have updated the first post's link to the updated package that is compatible with V3 also.

Please use the newer package.

Edited by rozak
Updaated package for compatibility with V3 also.

It should work.

Στάλθηκε από το GT-I9505 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

i tried got "no command" after the green robot. 

I have ordered the 32GB V975M yesterday so I should receive it in a week or two.

It should have Bluetooth and the info tells me it has Android 4.3.

All new devices are V3 Hardware I reckon?

I'm totally new to this and I don't feel comfortable tinkering too much (yet).

I see separate topics for 4.3 and 4.4 but in this 4.3 topic I read from someone it also works on 4.4.

If that's the case why the 2 topics & archives? What's the difference?

One other question: If I Root my new device, can I just tap and delete the Chinese apps or is there a special way to remove them.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Use the package for 4.3 if you are on Android 4.3. Essentialy both versions are the same right now, but in the future they will be different, as I am planning to release a 4.4 version with selinux aware installation scripts. All these when 4.4 final is released from Onda.

To uninstall the Chinese apps you have to use something like Titanium Backup (this is the one I use), or other possible App Uninstaller.

Hello i'm new here.

So i receive my new onda v3 and install 1.0.9 rom from rozak 2gb, everything is ok but now i can't mount system to r/w, Mount:invalid argument. SuperUser its ok and give permitions, but i want instal the drivers from viper audio or instal new host on AdAway but give me errors.

I instal this pack and it was ok, but after rebooting the tablet it lost again, i try to instal again and does not work.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvsz1oxubowu8fy/2014-04-29%2002.14.38.jpg

I block the auto update from playstore but right now i have the 1.94.

Any help please.

Sorry about my inglês. I m from Portugal.

Many thanks

EDIT-fixed

Hello everyone,

i am new here. I would like to know if the package will work on the V1.1.0_V4 Firmware?

I used it on mine with same version tablet as yours. It did error while flashing, but seemed to work fine after reboot. Used root checker to um check root, and it was rooted :)

Have installed the full custom rom 1.1.0 since then with root included in it.

• Upvote 1

I used it on mine with same version tablet as yours. It did error while flashing, but seemed to work fine after reboot. Used root checker to um check root, and it was rooted :)

same story here, V975m V4 with stock 1.1.0_V4 firmware. I got error while flashing and should reboot it manually (from recovery), but after reboot i see supersu installed, and also apps that requires root access (like titanium backup) works.

same story here, V975m V4 with stock 1.1.0_V4 firmware. I got error while flashing and should reboot it manually (from recovery), but after reboot i see supersu installed, and also apps that requires root access (like titanium backup) works.

Do you remember the error?

• Upvote 1

Do you remember the error?

No, sorry. I thought if it didn't work I'd get a photo of the error when trying a second time.

Probably your download is corrupted (or the sd card is corrupted).

Download the package again and format the sd card before using it!

Hi,

Would you mind pointing me to the forum page containing the full custom rom 1.1.0? Many thanks!

Or Rozak, if your reading this, can you help if tom777 isn't responding? Thanks!

By the way, I have v1.1.0 v4 32gb with bluetooth.

Just a sidetrack story. Like countless many others, I am hugely attracted by v975m's hardware specs and never did I expect to experience such sluggishness in such a magnificently built tablet. I sold off my old trusty Asus Fonepad (yes its intel-powered Asus Fonepad) but man, this 7" tab can really work, its so smooth really like ipad (well almost) but never fails! I just hope this monster v975m can perform like the Fonepad I will be thrilled forever!