Onda Forum
Gearbest $111 OFF Over $111.11  promotion
$111 OFF Over $111.11
Playa

[ROM][V1]Custom debloated rom with stock UI for V989Air V1

Hello dear V1 tablet owners!
I just made a custom ROM based on 1.0.6 V1 with stock Android UI (took from 1.0.1 V3)
My zip is based on @adrpat zip.
It basically deletes bloatware and replaces ugly UI with stock made by Google.
Here are some screenshots for you
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Jw7cDjALPjcWx0NUpmNVBpREE

INSTALLATION:

1)Install stock 1.0.6 ROM

2)Reboot to recovery

3)Install v989-update-signed.zip

4)Wipe data/cache

5)Reboot

DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Jw7cDjALPjM1FZeS1lajB6Z1E

• Upvote 2

thanks, for the time spent for this, i am going to give it a try, one thing i would like to ask u cant u mount remix os on this as u took launcher from 1.01 v3 ?? i am novice in programing but just curious

thanks, for the time spent for this, i am going to give it a try, one thing i would like to ask u cant u mount remix os on this as u took launcher from 1.01 v3 ?? i am novice in programing but just curious

I will try to port remixos later

thanks, buddy

i tried this rom and then added some more tweaks regards of saving battery life by delting app related to 3g coverage and data,, there is still lag but over all experience is bit better. i havent tweaked cpu settings might try that later, 

thanks

Hi there... just installed the rom and can't seem to access the settings menu properly to change the language. Everything is in Chinese and the standard settings menu is nowhere to be found! There is a Dev Tools icon but it gets stuck on any menu option you go to and I can't drop back to the main screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

A question about v989 air. It is playing only 720p in youtube and netflix or a bug that I have :C

Same here, v989 air 1.0.1 v3. Don;t know why. Still looking into it. 

Before I try this, I see that it is based on 1.0.1. Is this for the new Black gold Onda V989 Air or can I try it in my V989 Air 1.0.6? I don't to redo my whole tablet for nothing. Thank you! I really enjoy you Onda Z for V989 Air and I see that this is a new one.

Before I try this, I see that it is based on 1.0.1. Is this for the new Black gold Onda V989 Air or can I try it in my V989 Air 1.0.6? I don't to redo my whole tablet for nothing. Thank you! I really enjoy you Onda Z for V989 Air and I see that this is a new one.

It is based on 1.0.6, so you can use it as you like.

On 10/8/2015 at 4:44 PM, Playa said:

Hello dear V1 tablet owners!
I just made a custom ROM based on 1.0.6 V1 with stock Android UI (took from 1.0.1 V3)
My zip is based on @adrpat zip.
It basically deletes bloatware and replaces ugly UI with stock made by Google.
Here are some screenshots for you
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Jw7cDjALPjcWx0NUpmNVBpREE

INSTALLATION:

1)Install stock 1.0.6 ROM

2)Reboot to recovery

3)Install v989-update-signed.zip

4)Wipe data/cache

5)Reboot

DOWNLOAD:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Jw7cDjALPjM1FZeS1lajB6Z1E

Thank you

Much Appreciated for all the work!

Ron

Can someone upload (or provider another location) for the files, which are not anymore available on the google drive?

Thanks a million in advance!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By stratmam
      I m having issues with my tablet (ONDA V989 Air)...On May 28th i experienced this issue for the first time and since then my tablet is like a brick....Here is my problem... I logged into a game that i play (castle clash) on May 28th and as i was playing a message appeared "Google play services has stopped working and forced the game to close ...After 20-30 seconds the tablet freezes and the only way to recover is to force shutdown (press power button for 5 secs ) but again when the tablet reboots after some secs it freezes again ... I did a factory reset to the tablet and since then when i try to enter my google account sometimes i got fail  to sign in and sometimes i manage to sign in but when google play and play services are getting updated the tablet freezes again....I believe it is  not a rom issue as i have the official rom in the tablet and have been using it for 3+ years and everything was working good.... This problem occurred last week and i don't know what is causing it..
      Model No :  V989 Air Core8
      F/w version : v2.0.1_v5
      Build No : octopus_chip-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q 20160118 test-keys
    • By saqib
      Hi

I Need custom  rom and instructions on how to install  v989 Air Core8
      firmware version v2.0.1_v5 
      Android 4.4.4 is installed ... 
    • By Andreas Hadji
      Is any one knows any workable non chinese version of android for this horible tablet? 
    • By myrmigki
      Well, I never thought I would say this but it seems I have to declare my v989 v4 tablet DEAD! I would greatly appreciate if somebody else who has experienced something like this gave a clue or two. Here is what happened:
      I have an Onda v989 v4 tablet with the custom "Onda z rom" (provided by ardpat - not the lolipop version) installed. While surfing the web, using chrome, my screen went black, tablet shut off and wouldn't boot at all. After several unsuccesfull tries to revive it I tried to get into recovery mode without success. I tried to connect it via usb cable to my pc but it wasn't recognized at all. I decided to install a stock or/and custom rom via onda suite and phoenix suite but tablet was never recognized by either of them. I even tried to install a rom using an sd card but with no result at all. During all the above mentioned procedures the screen was always black.
      Since my tablet had earlier crush issues when battery reached a certain amount of battery power (55%-75%), that were solved using the  method provided by timox ("disconnect the power cable wich is connected to the battery and wait for some time before reconnecting it"),  I decided to open the back cover and check again the battery connections, but everything seemed in place. I removed the battery cable, waited for a minute and reconnected it, but tablet did not boot.However there is some strange behaviour. As soon as I press the power button the mainboard (motherboard) of the tablet is heating indicating that power from the battery is running to it. In addition as soon as I press the power button for ten seconds tablets mainboard coolls off in a minute or two indicating that it is turned off.
      I then gave the tablet to an electrician to check it. He did some tests and told me that mainboard had a problem and propably it needs to be replaced. He said that some chips where dragging more power than the appropriate resulting in a malfunction. I am not an electrician therefore I don't know if he is telling me the truth and mainboard is the problem or he's trying to make some easy bucks. Has anyone of you had this problem before?
      In any case do you know where can I find a mainboard for my v989 tablet?
    • By Dalo
      Hi all,
      Hoping to get a little bit of help here.  I bought my 16 gig, Onda V989 Air v3 about a month ago now and I've barely been able to use it.  
      1) The internal memory is separated into two partitions one of them being only 1.7 gigs.  All my apps seem to be being downloaded to this partition instead of the bigger one, and as a result I have close to 10 gigs of space remaining in my total internal memory but I can't download any more apps.  Does anyone know how to fix this?
      2) I bought the tablet with the expection that I would be able to upgrade to Lollipop immediately.  After a great deal of searching I still can't find any update to Lollipop for this device.  Is there one available? If not, what's the best ROM / custom ROM and where do I find it?
      3) I tried contacting Onda to either get a replacement (as I thought the memory partition issue was defect) or return the device and I couldn't get through.  They would take a day to respond to each email and would give me the run around, repeating themselves over and over again (delete unused apps).  Is there a better way of contacting these people, or do they really just not give a f*ck?