Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Blackview S8 4G Phablet   10/19/2017

Blackview S8 4G Phablet 5.7 inch Android 7.0 MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8.0MP + 0.3MP Dual Front Cameras Touch Sensor
      ● Display: 5.7 inch, 1440 x 720 Pixel screen
      ● CPU: MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core
      ● System: Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + 0.3MP front cameras + 13.0MP + 0.3MP back cameras
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Micro SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
      ● Feature: GPS
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network:
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz Check it here.
mgv1

How to fix i2c HID Device data failure

Hi

Just received the tablet but it displays the boot error "i2c HID Device data failure" and so the touchscreen does not work. Is there an easy way to reload the drivers?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

M

I would send it back..............receiving a tablet that doesn't work is unacceptable IMO. 

Fair enough that we all like tinkering around with our devices but you shouldn't have to do that in order to be able to use it straight out of the box.

I'd return it and buy one somewhere else.

It's not acceptable, especially as I paid for expedite shipping and it took a month. Searching for "GET I2C HID Device failure" online results in "driver issues" rather than firmware and so I'd rather tinker than pay for the return to try and get a refund from China. If it's just some drivers that need reloading then I'm ok with that.

UPDATE:

So I've got the Tablet up and running by connecting a keyboard and mouse. Now I can use the touchscreen and Android. The Windows is stuck at 64% on a never ending reset cycle. Once I figure this out we'll be good.

SUCCESS - Onda V919 Dual boot working great now.

Found this and followed the instructions and get it working. You need an OTG cable and a USB hub so you can connect a keyboard and mouse.

4. The screen can't normal operate after upgrade.
Solution:

1) Connect the mouse and keyboard with OTG cable,

2) download both files - Windows10 driver and the original driver,

3) install the Windows 10 driver first (don't restart) and then install the original driver.

Windows10 driver:

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/file/485-onda-tablet-win10-driver-package-rar/

Original driver:

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/file/475-v891-dual-v5_drivers_install-20150611rar/

Note:

If Windows gets stuck in a loop then use this program to make a bootable USB. Start the tablet and hit Enter. Go into Bios save page and click on the the USB, Windows should now boot and you can try startup repair. I ended up having to do a full reset and then re-loaded the two files above.

32 bit - http://www.ondaforum.com/files/file/487-mediacreationtoolexe/

I has the same problem , or similar. On both ANdroid and Windows, ((I2C HID Geti2CDEvice data failure

i cant find a method for solved this :(

I has the same problem , or similar. On both ANdroid and Windows, ((I2C HID Geti2CDEvice data failure

i cant find a method for solved this :(

I posted the steps you need to take above, this will get you operational.

Hi :)

Doesnt work this method

After install the Win10 drivers i start the original drivers and not install some drivers like i2c drivers (same name than issue on startup) and keep tablet wiouth work touchscreen

I try to put files manually of i2c drivers in system32 and windows/inf but keep wiouth work

This is straign, why touchscreen also dowsnt work in android? (same message) Android not has own files of drivers?

I dont understand, i lost patience, i has 3 V919 with same issue, i repeat different method during all day, not find a solution :(((

Hi :)

Doesnt work this method

After install the Win10 drivers i start the original drivers and not install some drivers like i2c drivers (same name than issue on startup) and keep tablet wiouth work touchscreen

I try to put files manually of i2c drivers in system32 and windows/inf but keep wiouth work

This is straign, why touchscreen also dowsnt work in android? (same message) Android not has own files of drivers?

I dont understand, i lost patience, i has 3 V919 with same issue, i repeat different method during all day, not find a solution :(((

So let me try to help. You are not following the instructions but trying to manually install drivers. Here's how to get it working:

After resetting windows you will now have a tablet that can be booted to windows or Android but the touchscreen doesn't work. This is because you need to open windows and load the two driver files. Do not resart click "no" if it asks and load the onda driver. The touchscreen will now work in Windows and Android.

If you want to boot into the other operating system hold down the up volume key + power button. Here's the drivers again:

Windows10 driver:

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/file/485-onda-tablet-win10-driver-package-rar/

Original driver:

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/file/475-v891-dual-v5_drivers_install-20150611rar/

Note:

If Windows gets stuck in a loop then use this program to make a bootable USB. Start the tablet and hit Enter. Go into Bios save page and click on the the USB, Windows should now boot and you can try startup repair. I ended up having to do a full reset and then re-loaded the two files above.

• Upvote 1

First install Win 10 drivers (ur links) and after this not restart for install the v891 driver pack, right? and after this now i can restart , right?

When i installed the second driver pack Ioc drivers not installed, the first 10x drivers aprox not installed succesfully

I try this with the 3 tablets around 30 times, doest work, and i dont know more options for try :( this is indignant :(

I go to try again

And very thanks for u help :9 and sorry for my horrible english 

what windows firmware u usea?

My history is than my tablets from factory has WIN10 but  i change windows 10 for a standard version of windows, after this tablet give this error. The another 2x tablets are received with same problem, maybe used tablets and selling again, is exactly same issue..... i try to installed win 10 TH2 version, maybe installing the old win 10 firmware ur instructions works?... i thinbking this, can u confirm me the steps of "ur history"? if u changed of win 8.1 to 10, or when u reinstall and work u use the win 10 firs version of firmware?

i go to download win 8.1 and win 10 first version... i nedd try all.... :(

what windows firmware u usea?

My history is than my tablets from factory has WIN10 but  i change windows 10 for a standard version of windows, after this tablet give this error. The another 2x tablets are received with same problem, maybe used tablets and selling again, is exactly same issue..... i try to installed win 10 TH2 version, maybe installing the old win 10 firmware ur instructions works?... i thinbking this, can u confirm me the steps of "ur history"? if u changed of win 8.1 to 10, or when u reinstall and work u use the win 10 firs version of firmware?

i go to download win 8.1 and win 10 first version... i nedd try all.... :(

I had Windows 10 installed but it was corrupted so I booted from a USB stick and did a reset. If you can boot from a USB then you can try using the recovery section. Here's a link with everything you need to know to try recovering or going back to an earlier version like 8.1:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Tablet powr on correctly. but after install the 2 packs files all keep same... same issue, i recovery the tablet many times, always same problem

For this i ask u if when u reinstall windows u install the old win 10 firmware, or the newest win 10 firmware "TH2 VERSION" 

I tried with th2 version, but i downloading the old firmware of win 10 for try again ur solution, i go to try soon, and write again if is solved with the old firmware :) 

My english is stupid, sorry, and very thanks for all help

impossible solved, , i try to install the old firmware of windows, keep the problem... i install first the win 10 drivers and after the original drivers, but i2c drivers not installed sucessfully , i dont understand why dosnt work

Is there any solution? I received the tablet with the same error, and the above thing does not helped for me at all.  Btw i have noisy screen and flickering even in bios (not only in windows10). What is strange, if i boot to android, the screen is starting to operate normally (no more noise, flickers)  after the first Onda boot screen. Of course without touchscreen.

Edited by codric

I have had the problem reoccur and not been able to fix it yet. The above method worked for me after a full Windows "restore". It seems that Windows auto updated and this broke the touch screen driver. I have tried disabling the permissions, running safe mode and executing the files in Administrator mode but cannot get the touchscreen to work at the moment. I've ordered a second unit so when it arrives I'll backup the drivers and copy across to see if that corrects the fault.

If anyone else discovers a fix please post it here.

Thanks

Possibly the chip. I'm no expert but I don't understand why the drivers worked after the fresh install and now don't after Windows updated itself. The devcon.exe failed to run message seems to mean there is a loading error for the driver. Maybe it sees the error in the Goodix chip and that's why they don't load?

Any tech savvy people here please chime in with your thoughts......

Hello! On aliexpress I bought a tablet Onda V919 Air Dual Boot 9.7 Win10 + Android. When you first boot the tablet gave an error like this, the touch screen does not work. I opened the a dispute with the seller. He asked serial number at the еablet and offered to send me some firmware!

Edited by max0tt0
misprint

Just fixed the problem. You should open the tablet, and reconnect all flat cables of  the touch screen and the touch screen pcb to the main board (2 connectors for the touch screen, 2 connectors for the LCD).  Now everything works fine :)

• Upvote 1

Just fixed the problem. You should open the tablet, and reconnect all flat cables of  the touch screen and the touch screen pcb to the main board (2 connectors for the touch screen, 2 connectors for the LCD).  Now everything works fine :)

Unbelievable, I just opened the thing up and removed and then reconnected the flat cables and now everything works fine.

Thanks Codric, that's a good find and easy fix.

What you need to disconnect and reconnect the connectors? How to disconnect?

First peel off the tape covering the connectors, but keep it for after you're done. Preferably with something non-conductive, your fingernail, a toothpick or if you have to a small flat screwdriver to lift up the flap on each connector black piece. It works like the lid of a piano, you lift up the flap and then the cable will slide out. I wiped the connector cable with alcohol to clean the contacts and then slid back (fully) into place and close the flap to secure the cable.

There is also a snap together (vertically) connector. It the photo its the one in the middle under the black rectangle on the gold film. I peeled this up to release and then snapped down into place with finger pressure directly on the black rectangle.

This should do it.

Tried all the above with no success. However kept on updating Windows 10 to 1511 and its now good -cannot quite believe. Also touch screen works in Android too.