Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Blackview S8 4G Phablet   10/19/2017

Blackview S8 4G Phablet 5.7 inch Android 7.0 MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 8.0MP + 0.3MP Dual Front Cameras Touch Sensor
      ● Display: 5.7 inch, 1440 x 720 Pixel screen
      ● CPU: MTK6750V 1.5GHz Octa Core
      ● System: Android 7.0
      ● RAM + ROM: 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM
      ● Camera: 8.0MP ( SW 13.0MP ) + 0.3MP front cameras + 13.0MP + 0.3MP back cameras
      ● Sensor: Ambient Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor
      ● SIM Card: dual SIM dual standby. 1 Micro SIM card + 1 Nano SIM card
      ● Feature: GPS
      ● Bluetooth: 4.0
      ● Network:
      2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
      3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz
      4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz Check it here.

Okay, I've rooted it. Thanks to gabri85 on the v819i forum. Here's what they did... and it worked like a charm... woohoo!!!

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:17

I've found a working method to root our tablets updated to v1.0.3, just download the following file:

https://mega.co.nz/#...E7frDaeYPthnsIw

Flash it with the "Update" app that can be found in the app grid, selecting "Local Update".

Enjoy it    :)

Cheers - Adam

• Upvote 1

I know what rooting is, so no need to explain, but what advantage gives it in case of the v975i as there are no custom roms for the moment? I.e. would it allow me to remove all the Chinese apps for example (in an easy way)? Or what else could be done with root on this tablet, besides installing apps that need root like AdBlockPlus?

Also, would the root work on the v1.0.6 firmware that was released yesterday?

Thank you!

Also for me. Finally I have rooted this "tablet monster" and canceled many chinese apps. Now is very an international tablet   ;) Thank you very much Keats.adam

I know what rooting is, so no need to explain, but what advantage gives it in case of the v975i as there are no custom roms for the moment? I.e. would it allow me to remove all the Chinese apps for example (in an easy way)? Or what else could be done with root on this tablet, besides installing apps that need root like AdBlockPlus?

Also, would the root work on the v1.0.6 firmware that was released yesterday?

Thank you!

I rooted it just to get rid of the chinese apps. Did anyone already test it with 1.06?

I know there are no custom roms, the only reason I rooted it was to get rid of unwanted apps. Haven't tried 1.06 yet, but my guess is that it won't affect the root status.

a newbie for android tablet. i read and googling but couldnt find any answer on how to update this tablet to 1.06 or how to root it. I download the above file for root but confuse how to root it from the tablet. Any guide or step by step please

thanks

a newbie for android tablet. i read and googling but couldnt find any answer on how to update this tablet to 1.06 or how to root it. I download the above file for root but confuse how to root it from the tablet. Any guide or step by step please

thanks

Friend kalali, in the firmware zip folder run the update.apk. copy paste the zip firmware 1.0.6 and zip root in your sdcard and run the application update from your tablet. Then click on local update and click first the firmware and second the root.

Hey guys!

Today i finally flashed 1.06 but lost my root.

Can anybody tell me how to execute the zipfile for root in 1.06? As the update app in 1.06 is different and does not give the Option to choose a local file I have no idea how to use it.

Any idea? Thanks!

Hey guys!

Today i finally flashed 1.06 but lost my root.

Can anybody tell me how to execute the zipfile for root in 1.06? As the update app in 1.06 is different and does not give the Option to choose a local file I have no idea how to use it.

Any idea? Thanks!

install the update app from a previous version  and flash the root.

I just did it to my v819i after installing 1.0.6

thanks markosgt. learn a bit every day about android stuffs. I update to newest firmware and for few minutes have to click every single line on setting to change language from chinese to english.

for Rooting the tablet, i followed the guide above download the file for rooting 819 but still lost on how to root. i know i probably easy once you did it but for now i need a bit more clearer guidance. thanks

thanks markosgt. learn a bit every day about android stuffs. I update to newest firmware and for few minutes have to click every single line on setting to change language from chinese to english.

for Rooting the tablet, i followed the guide above download the file for rooting 819 but still lost on how to root. i know i probably easy once you did it but for now i need a bit more clearer guidance. thanks

OK , unzip a previous version, for example 1.0.5, inside you will see an update.apk

copy the update apk to your internal storage, then copy the v819i root zip in the internal storage too.

install the update apk, run the update application (blue icon with an arrow) chose local update and find the 

v819i root zip. select and press update, wait till it finishes, the tablet will reboot automatically.

before doing all this charge the tablet above 80% and on settings display chose to stay always on the screen.

• Upvote 1

Onda V975i-Root tools and tutorials.rar

English translation using Bing translator

ROOT tool tutorials:

1. Root_975i. zip package copies in the Tablet's native disk

2. the Tablet turned on, click on the "upgrade" software in a "local update", find the Root_975i. zip package, click on upgrade

3. the tablet computer will restart, and after power on, go to settings-backup and reset, select restore factory settings

4. after the boot, root to complete

Download:

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/download/87-onda-v975i-root-tools-and-tutorialsrar/

Thanks and credit to our China friends.

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1rOLuI

• Upvote 1

1.0.6 root works .…supersu told that the binary needs to update and failed ... But root is still working (removed chinese apps and changed bootlogo) ... Everything is ok , only a cosmetical problem .…

I get the same on Super SU, even after update on Play Store. But can't be bothered trying to reflash Super SU as root is working. Has anyone tried to boot into recovery? I've held power and volume+ and power and volume- but neither seem to boot into recovery.

Restore factory settings Onda Intel Devices

This tutorial can restore the factory settings without boot, remove power-on password.

Tablet turned off,

press and hold the volume down key,

press the power button to boot the plate.

Interface will enter the tablet FastBoot

After the interface with the flat side ( IDBoot Provision screen )

volume down key to move the cursor to the recovery option

press the power button to enter.

Tablet will enter the recovery screen.

Move the cursor to wipe data / factory reset

Select by pressing the power button and

then move the cursor to yes - delete all user data, select by pressing the power button

Interface will return after the recovery is over

then move the cursor to wipe cache partition by pressing the power button

After completion,  the system will automatically boot

Thanks and credit to our China friends

English translation using Google translator

Hello, i root the tablet, but when i open root uninstaler, to delete the chinese apps, it tells me "apk not found". Could you help me to delete these apps? What should I do to remove them completely?