Onda Forum
Gearbest Promotion Summer Coupon Special promotion
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Onda V80 Plus CHAMPAGNE GOLD under 100$   07/31/2017

Onda V80 Plus CHAMPAGNE GOLD under 100$ Onda V80 Plus Tablet PC
      Onda V80 Plus is equipped with a Retina 10-point touch display, brings your photos and videos to life. Powered by Intel Cherry Trail X5-Z8350 processor, offers you smooth operation and stable multitasking experience. Decent cameras for capturing memorable moments and high quality pictures in daily life. Dual band 2.4GHz / 5.0GHz WiFi supported, ensures you high-speed surfing. 

Main Features:
      ● Android 5.1
      Allows you to remain connected and productive
      ● Intel Cherry Trail X5-Z8350 Quad Core 1.44GHz, up to 1.92GHz
      Ultra-low-voltage platform and quad-core processing provide maximum high-efficiency power to go
      ● Intel HD Graphics 400 GPU
      Better and faster in playing games and watching videos than the previous generation
      ● 8.0 inch 10-point Touch Screen with 1920 x 1200 Resolution
      Offers good experience for watching videos and browsing the Web 
      ● 2GB RAM 32GB ROM
      Provides enough room for your use, can suit all your needs
      ● Dual Cameras for Photos and Face-to-face Chat
      2.0MP AF rear-facing camera + 2.0MP front camera let you capture memorable moments or chat with friends
      ● Dual Band 2.4GHz / 5.0GHz WiFi
      802.11b/g/n/ac wireless Internet, allows you to connect to the Web while within range of an available wireless network You Can now buy it for 99,99$ Link:  Onda V80 Plus CHAMPAGNE GOLD  Use Coupon: V80PLUS
RobV

Onda v975m ROM / ROOT simple upgrade guide

RobV    613

Onda v975m ROM / ROOT simple upgrade guide

Onda Official ROM - Onda install instructions

* Custom ROM installation = follow instruction provided by Developer

Battery 60% +
NO external ( cable ) connection when attempting ROM upgrade / root

** Battery 80+ % - v3 device ( if using OTG method ) see below

Download ( current / selected ) Onda Original ROM.zip file
Un-compress file ( creates a folder that will contain needed files )
Copy included files ( 5 files, generally ) to FAT32 formatted micro SD card

All files ( NOT .txt file ) placed directly on micro SD card ( DO NOT place in a folder on mSD card )
Ex: 1.09v1 ( 5 files )
aml_autoscript
factory_update_param.aml
recovery.img
u-bin.bin
update.zip ( do not un-compress zip file )

** Note some ROM update versions contain 4 files, ex: 1.05v1

MicroSD card need to be FAT 32 format. ( standard for new package card )
I use a different ( 4 GB or 8 GB or 16 GB maximum size cards ) for Upgrading or Rooting.
If re-using card, safer to format or delete old files prior to attempting upgrade / root process.

Files can be copied using computer / device ( file manager ) to card
You will need an internal card slot or external card device attached to computer.
Card size adapters can be used if necessary, without problems

Files can be copied to mSD ( Ext. ) card via connecting computer / v975m with supplied USB cable
Select - share / transfer file connection type in the v975m ( bottom choice of 3 ) pop up.

When copying on mSD card or USB stick using M.S. computer = safely remove media the Windows way
Always use MS Safe To Remove / v975m “ Unmount “ features to protect mSD card data / USB device and data also future successful accessibility.
see:

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
With v975m power OFF
Place card into v975m
Hold Volume+ (up) rocker switch - located on tablet side - for 4-6 seconds
Continue holding volume+ while you press and hold the Power button
HOLD both … until you see the ( little ) green Android
Release the power button first,
Release the volume+ approx. 5 seconds later ( usually the little Android will single " flash / flicker " )

momentary black screen ...
The little Android will change position, size, color – ( earlier ROM = big white Android )
note digital completion gauge under big Android

....... relax .... do not panic ............... honest ....... it will happen ...... ready ...... set ......
System will re-boot upon completion ( 10 minutes total , or less )
Initial ROM boot takes several minutes

The device will boot with all Chinese characters

Enter Settings – down left side, tap on “A” ( capital letter A ) Language settings
Language settings - Right Side – Select first ( 1st ) item – scroll down list – select your language

Similar instruction to ROOT v975m
Download root file, un-compress, place files on mSD card
Boot from mSD card following same button holds
V975m will restart when completed.

Edit: Completion time estimates

Estimate 10 minutes ( less ) for brush   

Estimate. less than 1 minute for Root alone 

* NOTE continued root requires DISABLE Google play store auto-update feature, notifications is o.k.
Onda official Root ( SU ) version does not perform root function if S.U. update is installed.

** 22 Apr 2014  v3 device 1.0.9v3 / 1.1.0v3 ROM and newer 

RECOMMEND 80+ % battery when attempting mUSB / OTG connection following OTG update process.

Edited by RobV
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pibs    0

Thank you RobV,

I will try one step at a time and let the forum know the results, I enjoy the challange, but feel a bit thick when I can't get my head around the outcome.

Pibs

echo11    0

Hy!

I have a problem. It looks like my 975m dont want to flash even the officalrom. I formatted the card to FAT32 with 4096 allocation value, copied only the 5 files into the root, the card removed safetaly. Tab turned off, card in, hold v+ than power, wainting, the onda logo appers and then comes the recovery menu. The recovery menu dont see the files or the folders on the card (seems formatted). And i tried the burning tool version tool, but in this case i dont get little android (I get the recovery menu instead of the droid ) too. Please help me.

Thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lukypie
      Since I didn't found any decent guide in english to properly factory reset the device I decided to make one, after a few tests I'm here to explain how to REALLY factory reset this tablet.

Preface: I don't take responsibility for any bricked tablet, problems for following my guide
      Check your V. version of your tablet! Mine is V.3
      Requirements: You will need an OTG hub, keyboard, and a flash storage drive.

WARNING: I wouldn't suggest you to mess with the partitions by deleting or resizing it with a thirdy party software, since I don't know if the stock firmware script doesn't like that, let me know if this method fixed your partitions to full factory state if you previously changed it! I'm curious.

There also two separate partitions hidden from windows I found in Linux, I think they are releated to the DualOS function, just don't touch them! Don't touch/delete anything BIOS releated since you may probably brick the tablet
      Download links:

Official ONDA ROM list: 
      http://www.onda.cn/Tablet_Supports.aspx?id=341 (The latest one are on the bottom of the page) To download faster without problems from baidu I suggest you using a good download manager, or a link exporter
      Re-Uploaded files made by me (Tested, mantained by me) : 

W10 Processor, Chipset, Wifi/BT drivers: http://j.gs/710187/z8300-drivers-x64zip 
      Those drivers are needed if you are installing windows 10 manually, however, I won't explain how to do that since you will void your warranty and it isn't the purpose of theguide. W10 Touch drivers: http://j.gs/710187/touch-driver-v80-plus W10 July update (outdated):
      Part 1: http://j.gs/710187/w10p1jul
      Part 2: http://j.gs/710187/w10p2jul W10 Anniversary update:
      Part 1:http://j.gs/710187/win10anuppt1
      Part 2:http://j.gs/710187/winwin10anuppt2 Android: http://j.gs/710187/android-latest

Re-Uploaded files made by others: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/MzuV/BwQAH5T7C (A bit outdated, not tested)

Introduction: To factory reset the tablet you MUST flash Android before everything! That's because the android install will overwrite the current Windows partition. 
      Make sure your tablet is fully charged

WARNING: Since this is a Dual OS tablet (Different from Dual Boot, check google) it has two BIOSes mode, because we're going to flash Android, we need to change the BIOS mode to Android, by simply booting it from the DualOS Menu, or by clicking the button from windows. More detailed steps to change from the bios down there.

Android flashing: 
      USB preparation: We need to create an USB disk or a tf card with the android files you downloaded on it, and booting them from the tablet
      Download the Android zip you want to install Unzip it Plug an USB drive, you can also use a tf card with enough space Open your windows command prompt as adminstrator Type 'diskpart' Locate your USB drive by typing 'list disk' 'sel disk x' where x is the number of your drive 'clean' 'create partition primary' 'format fs=fat32 quick' Now close the prompt, and go renaiming the drive from windows explorer to "android" Now copy EVERYTHING to the disk
      Installing:
      Once you're done, you're ready to install android. Make sure you were on Android before shutting down, plug the otg hub to your tablet, plug your keyboard and the usb drive (or the tf card)  Power on the tablet, and press 'ESC' on your keyboard, you should have booted on the bios Go on "Boot Manager" Select your flash drive and click enter Wait, the script will restore everything, the tablet will reboot automatically
      If somewhere you got stuck at "flashing", try pressing enter from the keyboard. 
      If you got errors, you probably have problems with the storage. Now you're done! 

Windows flashing:

USB preparation: You will need an huge USB drive, minimum 16GB and you can't use a tf card there since windows doesn't detect them unless you have an USB adatper! We must firstly flash the win10PE_xxx_x64.iso to the usb.
      Once you downloaded the files and unzipped them, install ultraiso from the official site (or try the pirate way) but we must use the ultraiso executable included into the firmware Try to copy the executable on the UltraISO folder on C:\Program files, the program will be in chinese, don't worry about that Open the win10PE iso with Ultraiso Plug your usb drive and go there Be ready to flash the usb drive with those options Open the Windows disk management tool (You can by right clicking the windows bottom left logo and click 'Disk Management') If everything went smoothly you should be in this situation, you've created the EFI partition of the installer. Now, you just need to format the other partition (not the first one) with the label 'WINPE' and using an NTFS file system Like before, copy everything on that partition
      Installing:
      We're done with the usb. 

Now like we did before, boot the disk you've just created. The installer will do everything automatically.
      Remember to change the bios into windows mode before doing that or you will get BSOD
      The installer should take place for 25-30 minutes depending on your drive.

Now you're done. Your tablet is full factory resetted. If you are stuck on the ONDA logo, try to power down the tablet by pressing the power button for 8 seconds and booting windows from the bios

You may need to install additional drivers by using the external keyboard and mouse
      I tried the older WIndows version and I didn't installed anything since everything was working correctly, I don't know if I did something wrong but trying the latest Windows firmware(Anniversary update), I had to install the touch drivers manually

Tips:

Changing the BIOS into Windows mode:
      If you are unable to access the Windows mode, here is another way to enable it through the BIOS.
      Press ESC when you power on the tablet Go to 'Setup Utility' Go to 'Boot configuration' GMIN: Android / Windows 8.X: Windows If you're going to install Windows, choose windows 8.X, press esc save, and reboot!
      If somewhere on the process you got stuck, press the power button for 8 seconds and re-try.

This guide is a work in progress, help me to improve the guide!

• By pigwiper
      So i just got an Onda V919 Air CH 9.7 inch Windows 10 Tablet PC Intel Cherry Trail Z8300, its nice, however i thought it was a dual boot reading closer it just has windows 10, can i install android on to it?
    • By RescueGamer
      Hi all, Yesterday I did a fresh windows 10 install, is all working, but the touch screen seems to be not calibrated, is working but rhe pointer appears not exact under my finger, but a few cm down-left my finger.
      I tried recalibrating the touch screen with windows tool,  tried other drivers  and even restoring the driver from the original onda windows installation that came with tablet (I maked a backup of drivers installed before formatting), but is the same, working but not pointing the exact pussing zone
      Any ideas of what to do?
      My tablet is the v5.
      Thanks!
      EDIT: GUIDE TO GET FRESH WINDOWS 10 INSTALL WORKING CORRECTLY IN THE NEXT COMMENTARY
    • By RobV
      Wintel Dual System Tablet ( Android / Win 8.1 Device ) Re-Install Overview
      20150813 Topic name changed to reflect this is not instructions for new Core M Android 5.0 / WIN 10 Dual system device

This information is assembled from across the device forums  
      Credit to the many members who provide answers and tips.

Update and upgrade is a simple process …
      hopeful this helps to lessen anxieties and provide a bit of definition
      This contains ( as complete as possible ) direct and indirect assembly for commonly asked questions and posts.
      All instructions are based upon Onda issued information,  programs and files
      Other means, attempts and methods ( CWM, Exposed, etc ) are not the subject of this topic   

Cable errata:
      OTG , USB, HDMI cables ( micro male ends )
      You may need to trim off some plastic casing at the micro male end of generic cables
      - most Onda devices ( all micro size ports ) are deeper insert than standard (generic ) male micro cable ends
      Generally, but not always the need for 7- 8 mm exposed male end micro size HDMI, USB

Installation Instructions References:

Install order ( total re-install full device )
      1  Android
      2  Windows
      3  Q2S.msi  – Windows install software ( Switch to Android icon )
      4  Bios
      5  * Optional – Wintel devices Dual System Windows Drivers – see Intel forums for Wintel device shared files / discussions
      Intel Tablet DualOS_Drivers_install Eng Instructions 20150416.pdf 

-  Or your device, Windows drivers file package
        -  Or The Intel Dual System Drivers file package
            -  Can install as package instructed, through Windows file manager, or Device manager individual drivers
      6  Windows Language update, Windows auto-updates, Windows manual updates etc.
      7  Manual install of some Onda driver(s) may be required after Windows auto-updating ( or use driver roll-back )
        -  EX: Touch Panel, Camera(s), etc. – are not Windows approved drivers and may require re-installation
      ** Some devices have USB dual size ports … Please review instructions or device forum posts re: preferred / recommended choice.

Required hardware:
      USB cable ( Onda provided cable recommended )
      OTG adapter ( may require trimming plastic jacket from male end = expose 7 - 8 mm male end  )
      USB self powered Hub
      USB Keyboard
      USB memory stick ( referred to as “ U “ drive )
       - Special format ( active boot partition ) as instructed “ NTFS “ and NAMED as instructed “WINPE “
      Battery 60% - 80% available is generally recommended – device restart or brush completion may not complete.

Update / Upgrade file(s)
      Downloaded files, when expanded include Chinese language ( .pdf or .doc ) instructions
      -       Expanded ( downloaded files ) create a Chinese named program folder
      -       -  Folder Name must be changed ( English )
      -       -  Any Sub-Folders containing install program file(s)  also require re-naming ( English )
      When using Win 8.1 or any version 64 bit Windows OS computer
      -       Requires to dis-able Driver Signature Requirement before installing software to computer

Remove all SIM and Memory cards before beginning any brush / flash process

Tablet should be in power off state, follow all instructions
      – only connect to computer, or U drive, or power on when and how instructed

Expanded downloaded files - Folders should be renamed to English Language
      -  EX: Rename folder ( to the English translated file name)
      -  EX: ( Android Installation ) Rename Chinese labeled Sub-Folder ( Brush Tools )

Here is overview, of what to expect
      includes links to previous posts, containing English translated tutorials
      downloadable ( Google translated English instructions ) pdf files include pictures

V919 3G Air Dual System device referenced for example, due to popularity
      Always use files for your specific device – Some devices may require version specific update files
      Google Translated English Instructions:  
      Android, Windows, BIOS, Drivers,
      Q2S are generally the same for Wintel Dual System devices. ( WIN 10 versions also available )
      Earlier Onda Wintel Dual device updates refer to “ Dual OS “ vs current reference “ Dual System “ descriptions

WIntel Dual OS device, Android Install guide ( Chinese language ) included in D/L
      Here is link to Google English translated pdf
      Dual OS Android System Installation Guide.pdf 

Android requires device Android download, expand and install
      Android install, most devices only require ( Onda provided ) USB cable to PC – Rear computer USB port use recommended
      If Win8.x OS or any 64 bit Windows OS on ( installing from ) desktop / laptop
      - may require dis-able drivers signature requirement before installing Onda software(s)
      ... all included internal device drivers may not be Windows approved drivers ?
      .... Android installation attention to #5 ... Change VID/PID numbers

Anticipate may need to  re-install all things listed in posted install order
      Installing Android should complete ... ( Android OS partition )
      May have Android ( boot ) only device ( with original partition sizes )
      may not have a working Windows ...

To test Windows boot ( After Android re-installation )
      -- boot device into OS selection menu – select Windows
          - With Keyboard attached – Start device – start tapping the ESC key – select boot OS when menu appears
      -- if Windows boots … Re-install Q2S.exe – test the switch to Android
      ---- Last running OS when device powered off,  is device next boot OS  ---- unless booting into OS selection menu  ----

Windows Install does require OTG adapter, memory stick,  USB keyboard and self powered USB Hub
      Windows Tutorial can be found here:
      Win8.1 system installation tutorial _iDualOS.pdf 

BIOS install instructions:  
      Onda dual system tablet new BIOS upgrade instructions.pdf 

Q2S.msi - Windows install program, post and download link ( switch to Android icon )

V919 3G device Downloads directory ( no discussion )
       http://www.ondaforum.com/files/category/14-onda-v919-3g-rom/
      click “ Downloads “ ( top of forums page )
      Select / click device ROM directory 

Search  for “ available device “ files
      Chronological files listing by directory upload date ( newest first listed )
      Android / BIOS / Q2S – 1 file each
      Win 8.1 – 2 files = place both files same location – expand #1 ( #2 auto included ) = folder contain Win 8.1 install files

Notes:
      NEW  PDf package available - contains 6 firmware install instructions and Onda Dual System FAQs
      http://www.ondaforum.com/files/file/562-intel-dual-system-eng-install-instructions-pdf-packagerar/ 
      Links provided will take to download Eng install file pdf package.rar ( or will take to discussion topic(s) posts )
      Topics generally include .pdf Google English translated instructions / tutorials
      If “ Google Chenglish “ translation is not desired ….
      Once downloaded and saved to your computer,  expanded files contain Chinese language ( doc / pdf ) instructions
      < .txt alternate special language translation method - post link  

Downloads directory have current files available ( may be newer than Discussion forums links ) .
      Individual device version Instruction files may be Named different ( Copied from Onda ), instructions remain the same
      I stopped creating firmware update discussion topics, many device owner posts may contain off site links

Onda.cn/support  all available downloads link – Chinese language site – listed newest first
        http://onda.cn/Support/Search.aspx?WebShieldSessionVerify=DLbzuCd8T4LJ7QN9UhGl

Addendum:
      This is overview for total device re-installation process, listed by Onda recommended installation order.  
      Individual file(s) installation may be performed using the linked instructions for each specific installation.  

USB Hub – tech advancement offers devices with expansion connections
      EX: USB memory stick with additional USB female ports …  and other types of devices with expansion capabilities
      There are posts of success using these types of devices, without the need for self powered USB hub.
      I reference this as a reminder to give attention to available battery charge, before beginning process.
      Your specific device may recommend 60% available battery – using self powered USB hub.

Before downloading, confirm Device files named match to your device    
      EX: v981w device is NOT v981 Dual System device

* User changed devices ( Windows 8.1 changed to Dual System ) may require adaptation. 

Good luck
      RobV
      Currently the same instruction tutorial included for each device  firmware version
       http://www.ondaforum.com/files/file/589-v919-air-v7-brush-tutorial-_for_android-v10-20150911pdf/ 
      These device model versions are Onda referenced as  " Black Gold Edition "  devices
      WIN 10 requires Win 8.1 version be activated on the device before update is attempted or WIN 10 will NOT activate, WIN 10 activation is remarked as taking a couple / few days to automatically activate. Manual attempts to activate generally fail. This is remarked by M.S. support team on their China support site.
      Please review topics and posts in your specific device forum before beginning WIN 10 update.      Some device models - and / or specific hardware v#'s may require specific special file installations.    Most failed attempts on noted models and versions require complete firmware re-installation: (1) Android  and  (2) Win 8.1   followed by  (3) Win 8.1 Activation completed before attempting WIN 10 update
      Current WIntel devices ( Windows on Intel architecture ) are 32 bit ( x86 ) BIOS and hardware.  As advertised ... Intel CPU is x64 designed architecture ... running as x86 ( 32 bit )  .... Device is not advertised as being x64  
      WIN 10 Switching software versions - current available different versions Q2S 32 and 64 bit ( for most devices ) OR   AMI - model v# specific       please read file description to assure installation to the proper device  model and v# if specified in file description. 
      New Release Devices may be 64 bit architecture devices ( " x64 " ) these ( Core M ) devices require " x64 " BIOS   -   Recommended using " x64 " Firmware, Drivers, Switching software and Apps to meet overall designed performance  
      x64 USB Boot device creator software required for use on x64 devices ( U-Disk Boot device )
      Core M processors are 2 core processors working at 64 bit.   Initial firmware releases are problematic, many early issue firmware is being / has been  " Pulled "  Removed from Onda.cn listings  AND dead  Baidu download links.     If you downloaded any of the " Pulled " firmware ... DO NOT install, as Onda acknowledges reports of DEVICE BRICKS. 

Edited 20150630
      Member Blandroid wrote an edited English language flashing instruction  ( Topic link )

• By RobV
      Reminder:

I do not have a Dual OS device.

The attachment was provided for the v919 3G Air Dual OS device.
      Scanning all device guides during English translation  ...
      This seems to be the most comprehensive guide.

Google English translated Dual OS Android System installation guide
      Dual OS Android System Installation Guide.pdf
      20150825 6 pdf package -  various firmware tutorials Dual OS device FAQ etc.

If efforts were helpful, say thanks by clicking on the UP Arrow near the bottom right side of this post

Gearbest Tablet-PC Promotion promotion