Onda Forum
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

Black Friday 2017 Best Promotion   11/22/2017

Main promotion page: Black Friday 2017   Best deals: New Original Xiaomi roborock S50 Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner Link: https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_954639.html?lkid=12028644 Price: 459,99$ Coupon: BKFDXM Original Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum 1st Generation Link: https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_440546.html?lkid=12028705 Coupon: BKFDXMC Price: 249,99$ Xiaomi Mi Max 2  64gb  Link: https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_646141.html?lkid=12028750 Coupon: JSMAX2 Price: 191,99 XIAOMI Mi A1  Link: https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_757529.html?lkid=12028800 Coupon: HSBIA1 Price: 206,99 Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A 4G Link:  https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_773065.html?fdsfds&lkid=12028875 Price: 109,99 Buy one get Xiaomi Mi Band 2  Chuwi Hi8 Pro Tablet PC   Link: https://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_702215.html?lkid=12028993 Coupon: HI8PRO Price 83,99 Original Xiaomi Ultra-thin 10000mAh Mobile Power Bank 2 Link::https://www.gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_492338.html?lkid=12029044 Price: 15,19$ ZTE AXON 7 4G Phablet   Link :https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1017632.html?wid=4&lkid=12029072 Price 229$   Top seller mobiles Up to 50% off: Link: https://www.gearbest.com/m-promotion-active-381.html?lkid=12029102   And of course lucky bags from 0.99$ Link: https://www.gearbest.com/promotion-black-friday-lucky-bags-special-1632.html?lkid=12029130
RobV

Onda Official Win 8.1, Drivers & Bios

FINAL EDIT 17 July 2014

17 July 2014 New Release ( all ) versions -  links to be posted in v975w sub-forum

Installing Win8.1 systems tutorials-0717

Coming Soon

________END EDIT________

EDIT:  15 July 2014

M97_Win_Bios_0714.rar

M97_Windows_Bios

File Size:       6MB

Update:          2014-07-15

Please refer to post for (limited) info and download links:

__________END EDIT_________

EDIT: 14 July 2014

12 July 2014  - v975i v1 / v2 devices

Install Win8.1 system tutorial-0712.docx

English – Google translated  ( Poster Added )

Win8.1withBing System Installation Guide

Reminder:

After the brush into the Windows system does not support the painted back to the Android system. So please before changing the system, to think clearly, oh.

< No Going Back to Android >

Preparation Tool:

1 with a powered USB HUB and OTG cable

2 keyboard, mouse, and an 8GB U disk.

3. V819i/975i quad-core tablet, power more than 80%.

Note:

If you are V975i four nuclear-V1 version of the model (SN 9 and 10 of the display),

you need to change the hardware parameters (point of sale can be returned Onda modification), otherwise brushing BIOS screen will not be displayed.

< Without hardware “ fix “ , after flashing BIOS = NO tablet Screen >

4 a computer, we recommend a desktop, winXP or Win7 system

5 downloads each model corresponding Bios and system files from the network disk:

V975i quad-core and quad-core V975w:

BIOS: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qWFdYvM  (downloaded zip bag with Cheng Cheng)

< v975i_bios_0708.rar >

Win8.1 System: Please put the following two sub-volume fully downloaded and then decompress

Previous Win 8.1 versions NOT recommended for the v975w or v975_v2 device

Part1: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eQH0oBS

< v975_Win8.1wBing.part1.rar>

Part2: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jG5gLTG

< v975_Win8.1wBing.part2.rar >

EDIT:

All available download files are located in the Downloads directory.

“ Downloads “ button at the top of this page

Available files are grouped by Device named category

All files are listed in reverse chronological order ( newest upload file is listed first )

Most device categories each have multiple pages of listed file names.

System installation Win8.1

Bios installed or downloaded bios update methods in compression bag, please see the note inside Bahrain bios, windows system before it can be installed according to the following tutorial.

If you are already a windows system, please click bios can only be updated. Do not have to repeat the installation windows system ! ! ! !

<  Online translation method, info and link for Onda included BIOS located .txt files

>

1 Unzip downloaded on a computer system (both models the system can be common)

2 U disk connected to the computer, formatted to NTFS format, formatted disk U disk name should be changed to WINPE (this is very important, or when installing the system, there may be not recognize the U case), and then open the front unzipped folder, copy all the files inside to the U disk. After copying is complete, open the directory U disk shown below:

3 with a powered USB HUB to plug in the power, then plug in the keyboard, mouse, U disk and OTG cable, OTG cable is connected to the other end of the plate. Press the power button to turn on the plate.

4 Under normal circumstances, the automatic installation after reboot win8.1 systems without human participation in, about 20 minutes or so it will restart and boot tablet windows system startup. The installation is complete, you can unplug the U disk.

Reminder:

1 When the tablet from the android system shutdown after the restart, if not automatically installed, you may not recognize the U disk, type exit and press Enter on the keyboard, go to bios interface. Then press the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the right boot and press Enter to see a few starts under Boot Option Priorities, if there are three, indicating that recognize the U disk (if only one, then press F4 to confirm the restart flat, keep hitting the delete key on the keyboard, and then go see this interface startup items), the cursor moves boot Option # 1 there, select start from the U disk, press F4 and confirm the reboot:

2 If there is an error in the middle of the installation, you can press any key to exit, and then restart the tablet, re-install

(3) the name of U disk must be: WINPE

4 HDMI must be connected to the TV can operate the computer screen does not show.

5 After the flat start to complete some basic set operation, then you can begin to experience the

This tutorial download link with pictures ( multiple devices links ) :

http://www.ondaforum.com/files/download/116-install-win81-system-tutorial-0712docx/

NOTE:

The " NO Going Back " translation remark refers to the Onda official remark at the current time.

_________End Edit_________________________

SPECIAL NOTE:

Win 8.1  ( 07 July 2014 ) =

NO Gravity Sensor driver,  NO Camera driver, 

NO Activation method acknowledged or posted for v975i 

V819i  Win 8.1 can be directly installed, following provided instructions

V975i  device hardware preparation required before Win 8.1 should be installed.

Win 8.1with Bing System Installation Guide

Preparation Tool:

1 with a powered USB HUB and OTG cable

2 (USB) keyboard, (USB) mouse, and an 8GB U disk.

3. V819i/975i quad-core tablet, Battery power more than 80%.

Note:

you need to change V975i quad-core hardware parameters, otherwise brushing BIOS screen will not be displayed.

4 a computer, we recommend a desktop, winXP or Win7 system

5 Download the named files from the network disk

English Translated Win 8.1with Bing System Installation Guide ( 07 July 2014 )

V819i_Windows8.1_with_Bing.rar

Onda Official Link:  http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sj79XLF

EDIT:

All files are listed in reverse chronological order ( newest upload file is listed first )

Additional Required downloads:

Win_Bios_0708  ( Official Release 10 July 2014 )

Onda Link:

http://onda.cn/Tablet/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductId=269&d=down

NOTE:

v975i_bios_0708.rar

Quad-core V975i _Windows_Bios

File size: 6MB

Email: 2014-07-10

Note: applies to Windows system Bios program.

Note:

1, refresh the BIOS at risk, it is recommended that people who have experience in the operation.

2, successfully refresh the Windows after the Bios system, will only be able to install the Win8.1 system,

and then back into the Android system is not supported.

3, download the compressed package with detailed installation instructions. Please follow the instructions.

Quad-Core 4, V975i-V1 version before you refresh the Bios, change hardware parameters.

5, check with your hardware version numbers, please look at the back of the fuselage SN code 9th and 10 digits.

EDIT: 11 July 2014

A method to translate those Onda included .txt files

V975I_ touch screen driver.rar

V975i Touch Screen Windows Driver

Onda Official Link:  http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6qLywM

EDIT: 18:16 NY USA time ( 07 July 2010 )

English Translated, Onda V975i quad-core WINDOWS update BIOS tutorial  with pics.

EDIT:

Edited by RobV
Dir changes
  • Upvote 2

V975i_V2 device

How to check the serial number of the machine:

Reference back machine serial No. ( 9th / 10th alpha / numeric ) “ V2 “ =  V2 device.

Per Onda Micro-blogging … ( Google translation ) on 07 July 2014

“ V2 version can be upgraded without changing the parameters directly ! “

MIne is V1, too..

I may end up sending this back to Onda to be replaced..  At least they suggested they would do that at no charge.  OF COURSE I'd have to pay the shipping, like $50 or something.. :(

Hello,

I have this:

SN : V975iBE5V1A31763  mean that i have version 1?

I must have transistors?

Yes. Check here.

MIne is V1, too..

I may end up sending this back to Onda to be replaced..  At least they suggested they would do that at no charge.  OF COURSE I'd have to pay the shipping, like $50 or something.. :(

Before sending it back. Check here. I have a easy and cheap way to perform the hardware mod

Official Win Bios " v975i_bios_0708.rar "  Released 10 July 2014

Original Post and links edited

• Upvote 1

Official Win Bios " v975i_bios_0708.rar "  Released 10 July 2014

Original Post and links edited

Thanks @RobV,

So we won't need the explained hardware preparation anymore ?

Thanks @RobV,

So we won't need the explained hardware preparation anymore ?

As I understand it, for Windows operating system, the v975i_v1 device will always need the " hardware parameters " for using both the device and HDMI screens properly and jointly.

Without the hardware fix - there are device screen / required HDMI screen attached issues.

Onda micro-blogging remarked -  “ parameters “ are NOT required for Android operations “.

I do not have a v975i, and yield any questions to owners and more experienced folks, with vested interest in the device.

Thanks a lot for the guides! I was able to get my v975i flashed with the windows bios, I used the pencil method instead of soldering the two resistors.

For some reason, installing the bios.zip file using the android "Update" app didn't work, so I used adb to copy the files over manually and ran FPT program myself. After reboot I was able to see the windows bios, but I am unable to get the windows USB to load. I made a mistake and entered the windows bios screen and turned off "USB3 support". Now the tablet doesn't recognize any USB devices, and I cannot go back into the bios screen!

Does anyone know if it is possible to reset the bios settings back to default without a USB keyboard? (I tried taking the battery out, but I suspect the settings are stored in non-volatile memory).

If there is no easy way, I plan to use my JTAG (which can program spi flash) to re-flash the winbond flash memory. Has anyone done this? I see the winbond W25Q64DW is 1.8V, so I will have to wait until I go back to work monday to try this.

Thanks again everyone.

• Upvote 1

Can't you just reflash the bios? I guess it's the easiest way to restore the default settings.

Btw how did u do with the pencil? I want to do the same but I've heard of bricked tablets using this method.

Thks

If you have a JTAG, you should have dumped the flash before flashing windows. That way you could go back to Android if you wanted to.

Can't you just reflash the bios? I guess it's the easiest way to restore the default settings.

Btw how did u do with the pencil? I want to do the same but I've heard of bricked tablets using this method.

Thks

Yes I should be able to, but I have to use my JTAG which is at work right now. I was wondering if anyone knew an easier method. I was willing to risk bricking my tablet, but basically I just used a really sharp pencil and connected the two solder pads for each resistor. I blew away the excess graphite afterwards by blowing on the tablet. I also used a multi-meter to check that there was some connections between the two pads after I put the pencil over them.

If you have a JTAG, you should have dumped the flash before flashing windows. That way you could go back to Android if you wanted to.

Yes, I didn't think of that until it was too later. I wonder if you can use the FPT software from Android to not only write the bios, but to dump the bios? Perhaps someone could try it and post the bin file.

Yes, I didn't think of that until it was too later. I wonder if you can use the FPT software from Android to not only write the bios, but to dump the bios? Perhaps someone could try it and post the bin file.

I just tried, but FPT just says it can't find any SPI devices: "Error 103: There are no supported SPI flash devices installed. Please check connectivity and orientation of SPI flash device."

it is V1. (At least in June purchases)

Thanks DEL11. I asked the same question to GeekBuying also. Will update here when they answered me through their website.

I suspect we wont see any V2 boards until the v975w is released as they will effectively be the same device except it will have Windows 8.1 instead of Android on the v975i

I suspect we wont see any V2 boards until the v975w is released as they will effectively be the same device except it will have Windows 8.1 instead of Android on the v975i

V975w has arrived, giving priority to switch users (at 17:33 on July 12)

I just tried, but FPT just says it can't find any SPI devices: "Error 103: There are no supported SPI flash devices installed. Please check connectivity and orientation of SPI flash device."

That is weird, this is the output from my android over ADB (I copied intel tools and the .bin file from the android update .zip):

Make sure you copy all the files along with the FPT executable, perhaps you were missing the fparts.txt file? I think this lists the supported devices.

C:\Users\sirloins\Google Drive\Computers\Onda 975i\Older\Intel_Tools>adb push tmp
 /data/local/tmp/
push: tmp/bin/TXEManuf.cfg -> /data/local/tmp/bin/TXEManuf.cfg
push: tmp/bin/TXEManuf -> /data/local/tmp/bin/TXEManuf
push: tmp/bin/TXEInfo -> /data/local/tmp/bin/TXEInfo
push: tmp/bin/run.sh -> /data/local/tmp/bin/run.sh
push: tmp/bin/FWUpdLcl -> /data/local/tmp/bin/FWUpdLcl
push: tmp/bin/FPT -> /data/local/tmp/bin/FPT
push: tmp/bin/fparts.txt -> /data/local/tmp/bin/fparts.txt
push: tmp/preinstall.sh -> /data/local/tmp/preinstall.sh
push: tmp/fw_win.bin -> /data/local/tmp/fw_win.bin
9 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
4058 KB/s (9493575 bytes in 2.284s)

127|root@android:/data/local/tmp # ./FPT -F fw_win.bin
./FPT -F fw_win.bin

Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version:  0.6.0.1009
←[0mCopyright © 2007 - 2013, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

←[0mPlatform: Bay Trail
←[0mSpiLoadDevicesFile(fparts.txt)...
Found SPI device!
←[0mReading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid
←[0m
    --- Flash Devices Found ---
←[0m    W25Q64DW    ID:0xEF6017    Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
←[0m
←[0m←[33m
The PDR region exists in flash.
Continuing will cause the loss of any pre-existing data.
←[0m←[33mDo you wish to continue? Y/<N> or q to quit : ←[0my
y

←[0m
←[0m- Reading Flash [0x800000] 8192KB of 8192KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x012000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x012000]   72KB of   72KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x015000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x015000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x01D000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x01D000]   20KB of   20KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x0FA000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x0FA000]  728KB of  728KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x137000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x137000]   84KB of   84KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x199000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x199000]  124KB of  124KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x235000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x235000]  212KB of  212KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x2BD000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x2BD000]  116KB of  116KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x501000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x501000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x540000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x540000]    4KB of    4KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x5A8000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x5A8000]  156KB of  156KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x71C000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x71C000] 1452KB of 1452KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x7DD000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x7DD000]  756KB of  756KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Erasing Flash Block [0x800000] - 100% complete.
←[0m- Programming Flash [0x800000]  132KB of  132KB - 100% complete.
←[0m- Verifying Flash [0x800000] 8192KB of 8192KB - 100% complete.
RESULT: The data is identical.
←[0m←[32m
FPT Operation Passed
←[0mroot@android:/data/local/tmp #

what do you mean by "Switch Users"? 

Priority to Replacement and Exchange orders ... est. residential ( Mainland China ) delivery within 15 days

( China, Saturday - remarks of delivery of replacement tablets has begun ) 

new sales device release for distribution when " switched " device orders are fulfilled - est. end of July

Required fees pre-paid via allpay and pre-registered using QQ service with return items receipt confirmation before sending,

or return tablet kit to depot with fee payment, replacement / exchange order will begin processing - est 15 days delivery.  

All others are to inquire to the seller for instructions and associated costs / fees.