Onda Forum
RobV

Win 8.1 system To Android system Tutorial, Tools & Android O/S

Win 8.1To Android Flash Eng Tutorial.docx

Win8.1 system To Android system

English Translated

Preparation:

1 download the corresponding models Android system firmware package

2 is already a tablet Win8.1 system, power more than 80%.

3 with a powered USB HUB and OTG cable

4 keyboard, mouse, and U disk

5 a desktop computer and a USB cable plugged into a desktop computer rear USB interface

First, Brush BIOS Android system under

1 Download the firmware package, unzip the following files:

2 Plug U disk to your computer, then open the BIOS folder, copy all the files inside to the root directory of U

3. USB HUB power, then connect a keyboard, mouse, and U disk and OTG cable

4. The Tablet PC, open the "this computer" to see how much U disk drive and write it down.

Then turn into: update and restore settings    immediately restart recovery Advanced Options    troubleshooting command prompt, after tablet reboot, you need to select an account and asked to enter a password, and then will display the command line prompt, please according to the following chart shows the keyboard, enter the command to update the BIOS:

Reminder: Burn BIOS is very important, once failed, tablet will not boot, you may need to deal with a depot repair.

Burn bios interface as shown below, after the completion of the characters will display a green line at the end.

5 After the burning is complete, type exit to exit the command line, and then click Close tablet icon off. BIOS flashing is completed.

Boot again, it will display the battery icon under the Android system.

Second, brush Android system

1 Open the TOOLS folder, and then turn on your computer, please install three software in the following order:

a) IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.5.0

:cool: iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.0.2

c) ManufacturingFlashTool_Setup_6.0.30

Tip: If you have a prior similar software installed on your computer, please uninstall and prevent conflict.

2 above three software installation, no other settings, click "Next" button until installation is complete.

(2) to find the   icon on your desktop, right click and select "Properties" on the menu, open the following window:

3 Click on the map "Open File Location" button, into the installation directory ManufacturingFlashTool this program, then copy TOOLS folder files to this  installation directory, after the completion of the following figure:

After completion, close the open windows.

4 Double-click on the desktop  , open the program, the interface is as follows:

5 followed by clicking the top left corner of the File-> open, start loading the firmware configuration file (select flash-Anzhen3-simple.xml file under firmware package):

After successful firmware configuration file is loaded, the tool will display at the bottom of the path of the firmware information:

6 has been successfully burned into the Android tablet computer system BIOS, then press and hold the power button to boot, and so after the boot logo appears on the screen, plug in the USB cable and connect to the computer, this time the computer will prompt the discovery of new hardware and automatically install the driver, the tool will display a progress bar out. Please do not do other operations, wait for the driver automatically installed, and start burning firmware.

Subject to the progress bar went to 100% means Brush finished. Tablet PC will restart at this time to boot.

Note:

1 If there is a failure to brush machine, unplug the USB cable, and then turn the upper left corner,

click Tools File    Remove Completed devices,  then the progress bar will disappear on the tool, then flat Jieshang Qu, re-burning.

This Eng translated Tutorial with Pictures Download 

v975i Android OS Download 

EDIT:

All available download files are located in the Downloads directory.

“ Downloads “ button at the top of this page

Available files are grouped by Device named category

All files are listed in reverse chronological order ( newest upload file is listed first )

Most device categories each have multiple pages of listed file names.

Edited by RobV
Dir changes

Its valid for onda v975w?

I don't think anyone has ever tried.  Might be risky to try.  That said, I did a binary compare of 0725 BIOS for V975w vs 0725 Windows BIOS for V975i and they are 100% binary same.  That makes me speculate that hardware must be the same.

I also used the 0728 image designed for V975w to convert my V975i to Windows with no issues.

I think it would work, but the risk is all yours if you try it!

Hi,

I have successfully restored back Android after windows 8.1. :D I have spent some time on it because there are few details missing in this description. It's about setting VID and PID numbers in the manufacturing flash tool. Without that it won't work. However, it is very easy. I can say now that windows 8.1 looks better and somewhere runs more fluid and that is the only advantage of windows over the android on this tablet. Flashing BIOS back is also very easy...

Best Regards!

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I have successfully restored back Android after windows 8.1. :D I have spent some time on it because there are few details missing in this description. It's about setting VID and PID numbers in the manufacturing flash tool. Without that it won't work. However, it is very easy. I can say now that windows 8.1 looks better and somewhere runs more fluid and that is the only advantage of windows over the android on this tablet. Flashing BIOS back is also very easy...

Best Regards!

Well done! Would you care to elaborate on the method of changing VID and PID numbers? If it is necessary to do so it would be nice to have a how-to from you...

Well done! Would you care to elaborate on the method of changing VID and PID numbers? If it is necessary to do so it would be nice to have a how-to from you...

Yes, I will post it here with screenshots soon.

Sorry for my late reply... I was busy in past several days.

Here it is:

You can follow all instructions described in the first post of this thread up to the moment when You need to connect the device with PC. At the first moment, nothing will happen untill You change VID and PID which can be found in the driver details in device manager. exact location is Device manager/Android phone/Intel Android ADB Interface, select properties on it and go to details tab and choose Hardware Ids. Do this when You connect the device with Your PC. Check the photo in the attachment.

After You read VID and PID go to manufacturing flash tool settings and change VID and PID in both places (see the photo in the attachment). After this it will start transfering files to Your device but it will stop on 10% or so and report error on the tablet but it is ok... This is the moment when You need to go to manufacturing flash tool settings again and choose restore to defaults. Click apply and ok and it will continue to 100%.

Thats it. If You have any problems, feel free to ask.

Use this link to download screenshots https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsaalkyozgccsfo/AAD-6hyN-Fw4skrQUxOM5Zwsa?dl=0

post-6-0-37936700-1415993065_thumb.jpg post-6-0-00926900-1415993075_thumb.jpg

Best Regards!

• Upvote 2

Here it is:

You can follow all instructions described in the first post of this thread up to the moment when You need to connect the device with PC. At the first moment, nothing will happen untill You change VID and PID which can be found in the driver details in device manager. exact location is Device manager/Android phone/Intel Android ADB Interface, select properties on it and go to details tab and choose Hardware Ids. Do this when You connect the device with Your PC. Check the photo in the attachment.

After You read VID and PID go to manufacturing flash tool settings and change VID and PID in both places (see the photo in the attachment). After this it will start transfering files to Your device but it will stop on 10% or so and report error on the tablet but it is ok... This is the moment when You need to go to manufacturing flash tool settings again and choose restore to defaults. Click apply and ok and it will continue to 100%.

Use this link to download screenshots https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jsaalkyozgccsfo/AAD-6hyN-Fw4skrQUxOM5Zwsa?dl=0

Best Regards!

Well done my friend, thank you!

i have this message "  ERROR : Port 0/0/7 #0: IFW flash failed - SN : MedfieldD8713F9E " and the brush tool stoped to 5 % , failure...

how can i do ...? 

Here it is:

attachicon.gif14 November 2014 163525 CET.jpg attachicon.gif14 November 2014 163551 CET.jpg

Best Regards!

OK... how ever did you figure out this technicality?!? :)

i tryed everything ... also what you say on the upper of this topic, but nothing change !

maybe the bios is gone completly ? İ am stiil on the ONDA logo, i can see my tablet on "windows device manager " as an android interface, its ok.

İ can communicate with this via " fastboot " on the adb sdk tool ... 

intel flash tool ...recognize my tablet also, ok .... 

But i dont under stand ...İ have to copy-paste " custome configuration " file into windows / programs/intel/ inetel manifacturer tool path ?! or not

if yes do i change some vid and pid into this file ? or  not ?

any body can help me ? pls

thre is the config.txt :

BYTFlashMode = true

#set to false if you are not running TestOS
DetectTestOS = false

#ignore if not using TestOS
TestOSVID = 8087
TestOSPID = 0A64

DetectCompletedOS = false
CompletedOSVID = 8087
CompletedOSPID = 0A5F

#(if you are not flashing FQC, the prompt to remove the device will be delayed by this many seconds 
#after Windows detects completed AOS device. If installing FQC, the tool will wait for this long before installing FQC)
#adjust as needed, if the prompt comes before AOS is fully booted

CompletedOSBootTime = 40

CheckBatteryVoltage = false
MinBatteryVoltage = 3700000

CyclicalFlashingEnabled = true

FQCFlashEnabled = false
FQCFileNameAPK = FQC_v2.4.2.apk
FQCFileNameXML = SystemTestConfig.xml

InstallAdditionalAPKEnabled = false
AdditionalAPK1 = file1.apk
AdditionalAPK2 = file2.apk

#default is 250 ms
FastbootCmdSleepTime = 150

What i have to do with this file , copy-paste without change ?or not , or i must to change some things ?

i tryed everything ... also what you say on the upper of this topic, but nothing change !

maybe the bios is gone completly ? İ am stiil on the ONDA logo, i can see my tablet on "windows device manager " as an android interface, its ok.

İ can communicate with this via " fastboot " on the adb sdk tool ... 

intel flash tool ...recognize my tablet also, ok .... 

But i dont under stand ...İ have to copy-paste " custome configuration " file into windows / programs/intel/ inetel manifacturer tool path ?! or not

if yes do i change some vid and pid into this file ? or  not ?

any body can help me ? pls

If Onda logo is there then Your BIOS is alive. I am a little bit busy and I can't answer all Your questions now but I hope so I will be able to help You later.For now try to do what I described when it stops. Never mind if it is on 5% or 10%. If You don't get results, I will try to help via teamviewer.

Best Regards!

OK... how ever did you figure out this technicality?!? :)

I saw VID and PID in the app settings and it was obvious for me why it doesn't start. I did similar things before with upgrading firmware on a few function dedicated devices (MPEG2 encoders).

If Onda logo is there then Your BIOS is alive. I am a little bit busy and I can't answer all Your questions now but I hope so I will be able to help You later.For now try to do what I described when it stops. Never mind if it is on 5% or 10%. If You don't get results, I will try to help via teamviewer.

Best Regards!

İ power up thed tablet via usb cable connected to my pc , nothing ! Still onda logo on the screen... when i hold power and volume + the pc recognize the tablet as an android composit device ... i already tryed to set defults settings when intel mft stop at 10 % nothing happen

İ power up thed tablet via usb cable connected to my pc , nothing ! Still onda logo on the screen... when i hold power and volume + the pc recognize the tablet as an android composit device ... i already tryed to set defults settings when intel mft stop at 10 % nothing happen

Hi friend,

here I am... catched a little bit of free time and I would like to help if You still have a problem. Write PM and we can continue via teamviewer.

Best Regards.

I'm stuck at the Intel Inside logo - I thought the flash bios went ok, rebooted and now stuck.

The device seems to be recognised in windows as "baytrail device" not "android Device", the MFG flash tool just sticks at 5%.

I've changed all the PIN & VIN as per instructions.

Please help!!

Hi I tried to follow the guide and flashed the bios as per instructions everything went fine and I flashed the bios successfully now when I try to restart the tablet after that it won't turn on . just stays black . nothing happens when I try to charge the tablet either have I screwed up my tablet :(