Onda Forum
Gearbest Get Xiaomi Mi Band 3 for Free on Xiaomi Great Sale @GearBest promotion
Get Xiaomi Mi Band 3 for Free on Xiaomi Great Sale @GearBest
stratmam

V989 Air freezes when trying to log into google account

I m having issues with my tablet (ONDA V989 Air)...On May 28th i experienced this issue for the first time and since then my tablet is like a brick....Here is my problem... I logged into a game that i play (castle clash) on May 28th and as i was playing a message appeared "Google play services has stopped working and forced the game to close ...After 20-30 seconds the tablet freezes and the only way to recover is to force shutdown (press power button for 5 secs ) but again when the tablet reboots after some secs it freezes again ... I did a factory reset to the tablet and since then when i try to enter my google account sometimes i got fail  to sign in and sometimes i manage to sign in but when google play and play services are getting updated the tablet freezes again....I believe it is  not a rom issue as i have the official rom in the tablet and have been using it for 3+ years and everything was working good.... This problem occurred last week and i don't know what is causing it..
Model No V989 Air Core8

F/w version : v2.0.1_v5

Build No : octopus_chip-eng 4.4.4 KTU84Q 20160118 test-keys

Same problem here..I tossed the tablet then had second thoughts and pulled it out of the garbage and am trying to see if I can get it working. At first I couldn't log onto google without it freezing...now I can't go online at all, it freezes on wifi connect. I wanted to try other roms but can't get phoenix suit to work.

Build number Onda Z

Firmware version V1.0.5

Like you, this all started on 28th...?

Related? https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/890709-google-server-crashes-freezes-android-4-4-4-tablet-when-activating-wi-fi.html

Exactly the same here, started on the 28th May 2018 and I've tried everything to get it working? I've been formatting and trying various other firmwares but nothing seems to get past the google login? It seems to work fine without Google apps installed so it must be a Google issue???

I have the same problem

after factory reset                        At first I couldn't log onto google without it freezing.

I have the same problem    with ONDA V975s A83T        and V989 air       since factory reset

i thing it is     (services google play  new version)

please send me how debug system

To me , it didn't start freezing after factory reset ...it just happened..on May 28th in the morning ..I had  my tablet factory reset because I thought that would fix the problem ...but it still occurs...I also tried installing different rom even different versions but the problem still existed ...the irony is that I also have a onda v989(not the air version) which may have different CPU (a80vs a83) but in apps tab I see they have the same Google play store version(306)but no freezing on onda v989...only with v989 ait I have thus problem... I have tried to install even previous versions of play store from apkmirror (before trying to log into my account) and when the app is installed the tablet freezes again before I try to link my account with the tablet..very frustrating...

i'm too!!! I have V989 Air. I tried to factory settings... update firmware to 2.0.1_v5... freezing log in google account...

the same thing happened to me. I tried to reinstall ROM, but forgot to uncheck the box about the power. Started updating ROM and then shows that there is no device. And now my Onda is stuck on ONDA logo and never powers on. 

How to install new ROM now?? There is "next quick boot" option checked (as i forgot to uncheck it) and now its stuck on ONDA logo, and cant brush with no ondasuite, no phoenix suite. 

Hello, i have same problem on my device.

But there is problem not with Google account but with wi-fi module: when i switch off wi-fi, tablet works perfectly, and when i switch on wi-fi module, tablet freezes. What`s matter with wi-fi?

2 hours ago, godhead said:

Hello, i have same problem on my device.

But there is problem not with Google account but with wi-fi module: when i switch off wi-fi, tablet works perfectly, and when i switch on wi-fi module, tablet freezes. What`s matter with wi-fi?

I noticed the problem first when I tried to sign onto google play - it just froze. So I carried on and soon found it would freeze when turning on wifi. I believe it's google trying to 'call home' as soon as wifi connects and is causing the same freeze. Try going into Apps and disable the Google play store and Google services. Reboot and see it wifi connects. 

• Upvote 1

Had the same problem with V989 Air. Disabled Google Play Services and most things then work OK with occasional warning notifications.

Downloaded and installed apks from mirror sites. Where google apps played up (most don't), I installed alternatives. Will occasionally try updates to services on the assumption the issue gets fixed in the future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can you all try going to Settings, then click on Apps, then in the top right hand corner click the 3 dots for a drop down menu with: "reset application preferences". If you can't get that far try disabling the WiFi first, then enable WiFi after resetting application preferences. I had some luck with this and it let me install some apps off the Play Store.

• Upvote 1

It's possible they (google) are making changes if this works for you now. It didn't a few weeks back - I'd reset all apps to default and even reset to factory and every time, when it came to signing into google, it froze. It just got worse until wifi didn't even connect. Hopefully it'll be fixed but as was mentioned, sideloading the apks will work so the tablet is still useful.

Reply to all:

1) I did tried to go to settings/apps/reset all preferences .. again no luck

2) By disabling Google services and Google play store and downloading apps from apkmirror does NOT solve the problem...because the apps i use need Google play services in order to work ...I m getting very disappointed to this issue as what I can understand from reading in other forums (unfortunately ?) Google may NOT fix this because it s an old OS and might not support it anymore ....I was forced to buy a new tablet ?

Hello to everyone, Same problem over here, I test everything, Yesterday I call to Google Services and Put a reclamation, report... EN ESPAÑOL... Im in Spain. 

Search the number from your Country

Is better if all call to this GoogleGuys and place our report !!

Together We Can..

Regards

• Like 1

I've tried running google play store again and it seems to be working now..at least it's not freezing and I was able to grab some of the apps I use.

Not sure what else I've messed up since this started but now I only get the letters PB where I'd usually see file sizes..very odd ...

Screenshot_2018-07-13-11-59-49.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jackie999 said:

I've tried running google play store again and it seems to be working now..at least it's not freezing and I was able to grab some of the apps I use.

Not sure what else I've messed up since this started but now I only get the letters PB where I'd usually see file sizes..very odd ...

Screenshot_2018-07-13-11-59-49.png

Thank you Jackie for sharing with us the latest status of this issue!!! I also confirm my tablet came back to life!!!! As for your PB issue I also had the same "characters" in apps tab or storage tab..?I experienced that when I had the onda Z ROM which was not the same version with my tablet...I don't know if this was a compatibility issue but when I installed the official ROM it returned to Megabytes (MB ) mode ?

Thanks Stratmam ...these PB have been driving me crazy :) Now that google works for us again I think I'll try and flash the official.