Gearbest promotion-automobiles-and-motorcycle promotion
  • Announcements

• Krzysiek

May Madness Sale   04/23/17

Gearbest make nice promo for May. What You Can buy: Jumper Ezbook 2 Ultrabook Laptop for under 165$ Xiaomi Mi5s 4G Phablet for under 376$ OUKITEL K6000 Plus 4G Phablet for under 180$ Original Xiaomi AMAZFIT Sports Bluetooth Smart Watch under 120$ and many more To every order over 60$ You Can garba cool add-ons. Chceck all promotions: May Madness Sale
RobV

Official Onda v975m Beta 2.0.1v3 Rom 4.4.2 Firmware Discussion

35 posts in this topic

Official Onda v975m Beta 2.0.1v3 Rom 4.4.2 Firmware

Thanks go to Jarryel for the early available announcement

Edited by Krzysiek
Link update

its for version 1 and 3, everything running great but still no Google movies, and other video apps dont work properly. One real draw back with this tablet for me.

Hi, I just bought my tablet and have yet to get into it too far. How do I tell if mine is a v1 or v3?. They are sold as 10 point touch, is this true or are they ony 5 point? I see that there are various soft ware issues with this tablet....have I made a mistake in buying it? Thanks for your help all. Don

Hi, I just bought my tablet and have yet to get into it too far. How do I tell if mine is a v1 or v3?. They are sold as 10 point touch, is this true or are they ony 5 point? I see that there are various soft ware issues with this tablet....have I made a mistake in buying it? Thanks for your help all. Don

Hope this helps

Edit :
http://onda.cn/Tablet/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductId=265&d=down
will take to Onda.cn (update download page). Using translation - scroll down beneath selling price, you will see the tabs, update info is already selected. Choose tab immediately LEFT. It will list specs of model, hopefully answering your other questions.

Edited by RobV

My computer doesn't recognize the tablet as adb device or usb mass/mtp/ptp storage since the update. I am the only one or it's a software problem?

Xavier

My computer doesn't recognize the tablet as adb device or usb mass/mtp/ptp storage since the update. I am the only one or it's a software problem?

Xavier

This is the first report of any issue with this ROM.

Obvious questions are

(1) is the cable connecting properly ?

- v975m have deeper connections ( approx. 7-8mm ), not all cables provide internal tablet contact points connection

(2) Did you update this Official Onda v975m Beta 2.0.1v3 Rom 4.4.2 Firmware ?

OR did you use a custom upgrade, either earlier or most recently ?

If you only used Onda Original, I would suggest to Re-update,

making sure to create a fresh mSD disk. ( It may be a bad file read, to or from the card )

As this is BETA, it most likely is software.

This is the first report of any issue with this ROM.

Obvious questions are

(1) is the cable connecting properly ?

- v975m have deeper connections ( approx. 7-8mm ), not all cables provide internal tablet contact points connection

(2) Did you update this Official Onda v975m Beta 2.0.1v3 Rom 4.4.2 Firmware ?

OR did you use a custom upgrade, either earlier or most recently ?

If you only used Onda Original, I would suggest to Re-update,

making sure to create a fresh mSD disk. ( It may be a bad file read, to or from the card )

As this is BETA, it most likely is software.

Thank you for your answer Robv

1: the cable working as it is charging the tablet and I can mount my nexus 4 properly

2: I have upgrade 2.0.1 official for V3

So, I will try on a windows computer later, the problem might be from my linux computer. I am sure this is linked with this version as it has worked with the 1.0.9 few days ago.

It's not a big issue, I can tranfert manually files from usb with OTG.

I just received a v975m v3 that came with 1.07 which was a bit laggy and buggy. I wanted to upgrade the ROM to custom or stock, but was hesitant after reading about "bricking" problems users were having. Anyway, I decided to try upgrade to stock 4.4.2 v2.01. The upgrade went smoothly and overall, the new ROM is fairly smooth and responsive and much better than 1.07.

Comments/initial impressions:

- I use Nova Launcher and it is very smooth

- I have had video problems but they have been relatively minor (crash/freeze) - I use MX Player and have found HW mode works much better than HW+ for some of my videos.

- browsing is not smooth in Dolphin or Firefox - scrolling is a bit jittery/laggy; however, browsing is certainly usable

- online videos in browsers and Youtube are also not smooth, unlike like my Nexus 7 2012 KK 4.4 or my iPad Air - this is not a big deal to me as I bought the unit mainly for reading comics, and maybe watching offline videos

- wifi has occasional connection timeout; settings occasionally stops working - more of an annoyance and inconvenience to me

- battery life at this stage seems to be somewhat lower - I'm exploring various methods to improve endurance (currently using airplane mode when offline, disabled widi; using DS Battery Saver and have calibrated using Battery HD; I've manually deleted/disabled as many Chinese apps as I could); however, I've noticed that cell standby is using about 60% of the battery - not sure if I can disable phone function on this non-rooted device?

- initially I had problems copying files to unit - cable would charge unit but PC could not see device (but this was me - USB debugging was set but didn't realize I had to set MTP - had to go to settings > storage > usb computer connection (upper right hand corner with 3 little squares > select media device (MTP))

- Screen and resolution are very good

- I have no widgets disappearing

- Overall, for my purposes, I'm very pleased with the tablet and I find excellent value in it

- I both like and dislike how Onda keeps releasing new ROMs - they seem keen to push out new versions which is great, but perhaps at the expense of taking some time to refine each one which is not so great

- would like to see a root for this version, but could live without it

Lastly I would like to thank RobV and rozak for their invaluable contributions and support to this community.

Thanks for your review. I'm on Rom 1.1 rozak v3 for the moment and won't change until briking problems are solved...

After reading your comments I tried YouTube. It is smooth for me when not in full screen. In full screen it is smooth also BUT as soon as you touch the screen to show the controls or simply push the volume button, it freeze the video for half a second. Not normal, not optimized in my opinion. . (but it's not a big problem)

Also when entering a text search in the address bar of the default browser or dolphin, it is choppy/keyboard not responsive while it loads suggestions based on what your typing. Very annoying

Edited by ec0li

I just received a v975m v3 that came with 1.07 which was a bit laggy and buggy. I wanted to upgrade the ROM to custom or stock, but was hesitant after reading about "bricking" problems users were having. Anyway, I decided to try upgrade to stock 4.4.2 v2.01. The upgrade went smoothly and overall, the new ROM is fairly smooth and responsive and much better than 1.07.

Comments/initial impressions:

- I use Nova Launcher and it is very smooth

- I have had video problems but they have been relatively minor (crash/freeze) - I use MX Player and have found HW mode works much better than HW+ for some of my videos.

- browsing is not smooth in Dolphin or Firefox - scrolling is a bit jittery/laggy; however, browsing is certainly usable

- online videos in browsers and Youtube are also not smooth, unlike like my Nexus 7 2012 KK 4.4 or my iPad Air - this is not a big deal to me as I bought the unit mainly for reading comics, and maybe watching offline videos

- wifi has occasional connection timeout; settings occasionally stops working - more of an annoyance and inconvenience to me

- battery life at this stage seems to be somewhat lower - I'm exploring various methods to improve endurance (currently using airplane mode when offline, disabled widi; using DS Battery Saver and have calibrated using Battery HD; I've manually deleted/disabled as many Chinese apps as I could); however, I've noticed that cell standby is using about 60% of the battery - not sure if I can disable phone function on this non-rooted device?

- initially I had problems copying files to unit - cable would charge unit but PC could not see device (but this was me - USB debugging was set but didn't realize I had to set MTP - had to go to settings > storage > usb computer connection (upper right hand corner with 3 little squares > select media device (MTP))

- Screen and resolution are very good

- I have no widgets disappearing

- Overall, for my purposes, I'm very pleased with the tablet and I find excellent value in it

- I both like and dislike how Onda keeps releasing new ROMs - they seem keen to push out new versions which is great, but perhaps at the expense of taking some time to refine each one which is not so great

- would like to see a root for this version, but could live without it

Lastly I would like to thank RobV and rozak for their invaluable contributions and support to this community.

i have 1.0.7 v3 also and would like to update firmware could you kinda give some information about where you download that file? thanks

i have 1.0.7 v3 also and would like to update firmware could you kinda give some information about where you download that file? thanks

Hi mark:

I used the download link on the home page of this website: http://www.v975m.com/downloads/upload/V975m%20Core4_v2.0.1_v3.rar

Though I am familiar with upgrading stock and custom android ROMS from my Nexus 7, I followed RobV's guide very precisely and had done a full-format of my mSD card prior to the copy of the file:

While the upgrade worked for me (whew!), there is a risk that your unit could be bricked given the general experiences here on the boards. Upgrade at your own risk and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

PROBLEM

Signature length does not match eocd marker

When trying to upgrade kitkat v2.0.1

Is this ROM faster and smoother than 1.0.10?

I read something about WiFi problem on V3? What it this?

Can we always back to 1.0.10?

Is this ROM faster and smoother than 1.0.10?

I read something about WiFi problem on V3? What it this?

Can we always back to 1.0.10?

I don't know about 1.1.0 but 2.0.1 was faster and smoother than 1.0.7, especially with Nova Launcher.

The problem with the V3 Wi-Fi is that it does not always turn on after coming out of sleep.  This means that users have to power off and reboot the unit to get the Wi-Fi to turn on - which is more of an inconvenience. 

Instead of re flashing the firmware. Do we have the option to update it. Is there a tutorial on that!

I recently updated to 2.0.0 v3 rom 4.4.2 and my bluetooth stopped working. Does this update fixes the issue!

I don't know about 2.0.1 but  I have the official V3-1.1.0 and I have no Problem with my WIFI I don´t need to restart the Tablet to get wifi connection again.

I becom the Tablet with the 1.07 version and I upgraded it to official 1.09 and to official 1.1.0

I think it will be very easier to test much other ROM version if we had the CWM for this tablet. Really if i knew bevor that there is no CWM for this Model i would never buy it. O.K I am very happy with the Tab it is very nice and I can play every game that i need smoothly.

I am thinking about another Tablet only because of CWM.

Ok just testing new version of ds battery saver 2.2..... they say that now it wakes the wifi.... tested just now after i uninstalled advanced wifi lock.

Wifi woke up.  I will test it more to see if we dont need advanced wifi lock or wifi keep alive anymore.

Read here    http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2030696

[APP] [2.1+] Deep Sleep Battery Saver (Ver 2.2)

How Deep sleep Battery Saver works

ATTENTION: As many of you have the issue of WiFi does not come back, we changed default User Present as uncheck. This may make Wifi/data turn on when screen on, but not unlock.

Edit... ok guys i think with the new version of ds battery saver 2.2 we dont need any other app..... wifi wakes.

Please test and confirm

Ok just testing new version of ds battery saver 2.2..... they say that now it wakes the wifi.... tested just now after i uninstalled advanced wifi lock.

Wifi woke up. I will test it more to see if we dont need advanced wifi lock or wifi keep alive anymore.

Read here http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2030696

[APP] [2.1+] Deep Sleep Battery Saver (Ver 2.2)

How Deep sleep Battery Saver works

ATTENTION: As many of you have the issue of WiFi does not come back, we changed default User Present as uncheck. This may make Wifi/data turn on when screen on, but not unlock.

Edit... ok guys i think with the new version of ds battery saver 2.2 we dont need any other app..... wifi wakes.

Please test and confirm

Nope does not work, do we have to do some changes in battery saver or leave everything default ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn V975m Core4 met Tapatalk

I installed Nova Launcher , the icons 'Clean Memory' and that to enable the WIFI not I find them, how do you recover it ?

Nope does not work, do we have to do some changes in battery saver or leave everything default ?

Hmmm....... it works to me with official 2.0.1, and to another guy with custom 2.0.1 works.

Did you uninstall previous battery saver and installed new one?

I didnt change any settings, just installed it and selected slumberer mode.

I also have operation killjoy and pureperformances x installed... dont know if they make a difference.

In settings for wifi i have -keep wifi on during sleep- never.

Lets see more people using new version to see....

Set it to "Slumber". And as i told yesterday nigth to Markus, to make it work i've uninstalled all the apps that take effect on the wifi, so no "advanced wifi lock" and no "wifi keep alive".

Inviato dal mio ONDA A9 Core4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Set it to "Slumber". And as i told yesterday nigth to Markus, to make it work i've uninstalled all the apps that take effect on the wifi, so no "advanced wifi lock" and no "wifi keep alive".

Inviato dal mio ONDA A9 Core4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Great, thanks mattia76, if i hadnt seen your post i would never try it.

Battery seems much better without advanced wifi lock.

Hmmm....... it works to me with official 2.0.1, and to another guy with custom 2.0.1 works.

Did you uninstall previous battery saver and installed new one?

I didnt change any settings, just installed it and selected slumberer mode.

I also have operation killjoy and pureperformances x installed... dont know if they make a difference.

In settings for wifi i have -keep wifi on during sleep- never.

Lets see more people using new version to see....

My apologies, wifi optimization was not on, now it works. Thanx ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Find 5 met Tapatalk